New league for 'no injury loophole'

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

dpdigd

New league for 'no injury loophole'

PostSun Jan 08, 2023 1:50 pm

Hi - I'm looking for advice regarding a new league I created for 2021 to avoid what I call the 'no injury loophole'. I saw an earlier post talking about 'MASH unit strategy' which is the same thing. It basically tries to deal with the gap of HAL allowing a team of very high injury players to avoid further injuries once the roster gets down to 9 hitters. I've seen this happen for numerous games in a row and over a season. Managers using this strategy (which is perfectly within the rules as I understand them) typically use a 13 hitter roster.

I happen to like using some high injury players, and I don't want to create ill feelings towards others who also like high injury players. I just want to set something in place which is more realistic of the actual game.

I arbitrarily set a rule as follows:
- average injury rating of 3 or more --> 14 hitters minimum on roster
- average injury rating of 4 or more --> 15 hitters minimum

This may be too restrictive, I've only seen maybe 5 teams so far using this strategy in my relatively short time playing SOM, so not sure what the right rule would be...or perhaps something else?

Thanks if you have ideas. I'll probably go back to ATG games if I can't get this one figured out, where I haven't encountered this (probably because of the higher injuries in general in the modern game). Because one thing for sure is the teams with 13 hitters and very high injury ratings all do very well. I just won't do it.

toshiro

Re: New league for 'no injury loophole'

PostTue Feb 07, 2023 1:15 pm

Play superadvanced w/advanced inj ( 60 day etc ) and a 20% drop penalty?

badassba

Re: New league for 'no injury loophole'

PostThu Feb 16, 2023 8:29 am

I like the way you've set it up, i.e. 14 hitter minimum for avg 3 inj rating and 15 minimum for avg 4 inj rating.
Makes sense.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx