Bullpen tips?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Steve565656

Re: Bullpen tips?

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 1:45 pm

Thanks Milleram, Its been a 80 mil salary so far for me in my small attempts at 365, seeing my buddy and I played C/D forever by taking a couple seasons and mixing them up and then drafting 6 teams each and playing a season so Ive tried to build some of those teams championship teams in 365 but either some other GM picks a guy higher still learning that curve or money doesnt work, back to now, HAL has yet to use my closer 3 games in a row? 2 yes I wish he would be more active with him really but for the most part the late inning woes are the hitters cards getting the numbers over landing with the pitcher, maybe you know this, how can I get a starter who reliefs as well when its his turn to sit in the rotation and he didnt hit his innings in the last start? Ive tried tied and late and tied and 9th+ like to use him Im at game 85 and zero calls out of the pen and he's a S9*/5 anyways thanks again for the input, Cheers!

milleram

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 6:17 pm

Don't put him in the default starting rotation (or just don't use the default rotations at all). Use per game starters to pitch him when you want. If Hal doesn't see an upcoming start--he is more likely to use him out of the pen.

Steve565656

PostTue Oct 25, 2022 8:37 pm

Thanks Milleram, I'll give it a shot,,,

Steve565656

PostTue Nov 08, 2022 1:21 pm

This game is driving me crazy with the bullpen, I cant get any bullpen work out of a starter who can relief for 5 innings why does this game have that to a pitcher if he never gets any action? and my closer hasn't been called on in 7 games even thou 3 games was up by a run late and doesnt get the call and I get a "L", 16 1 run loses, only 1 blown save? the team ahead of me has 40 saves my guy 20 not going to go down any roads but what can a guy do to use his best reliever to close out games? Im thinking the guys who have 2 very good closers are the smart ones, what Im going threw would be better to have 3 good starters then 1 ok for the 4 starters not wasting much cap on the 4th and boost up the pen seeing how many games I lose in the last couple innings, Ive been waiting for things to even out, running out of time, wish there was a way to have more control seeing your at HAL's mercy

keyzick

PostFri Nov 11, 2022 3:48 pm

If you have one closer you want to use, you need to make sure you designate only him as a "Closer" in the pitcher preferences screen....AND...in the Team Strategy screen, set Closer Usage to "Maximize". It's also usually a good idea, in the Pitcher Preferences screen, to check off "Avoid using in Blowout, and Avoid using <7th", so he doesn't accidentally come in when you wouldn't normally use him.

nomadbrad

PostSat Nov 12, 2022 2:54 pm

The are DOZENS of vet players (including myself) that would like to revert back to the ATG 8 bullpen engine which was infinitely more transparent and occasionally predictable with some randomness. That ATG9 bullpen has been laughable. Experiment fails and we need a return to ATG8.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 6:21 pm

nomadbrad wrote:The are DOZENS of vet players (including myself) that would like to revert back to the ATG 8 bullpen engine which was infinitely more transparent and occasionally predictable with some randomness. That ATG9 bullpen has been laughable. Experiment fails and we need a return to ATG8.

Amen. I second all of the above.

Steve565656

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 11:02 pm

keyzick wrote:If you have one closer you want to use, you need to make sure you designate only him as a "Closer" in the pitcher preferences screen....AND...in the Team Strategy screen, set Closer Usage to "Maximize". It's also usually a good idea, in the Pitcher Preferences screen, to check off "Avoid using in Blowout, and Avoid using <7th", so he doesn't accidentally come in when you wouldn't normally use him.

Thanks I did have it set like that, Its crazy, I lost in the playoffs again and in 6 games my closer only had 1 inning pitched? and 4 of the games were close I lost 1 in the 9th and the last one bottom 10th and no closer in sight, also lost 1 game on a 1-2 HR the guy played 162 games hitting 1 HR all season over 700 AB's and he beats me in 1 game, and now in the same guy same roll 1-2 hits another HR in the finals? another crazy one 5 of my players tried to steal a base and the best guy was a B and all the way to D why? I didnt have my team set to run period? the bases yes and HAL doesnt send a 1-15 running against a +1 left fielder stops him at 3rd? and another loss, it seems all crazy I know my team was better beat them head to head in the season and 3rd time I lose in the 10th, Im not a sore loser just want a fair shake on the odds and not brainless moves from HAL, Thanks for sharing
Last edited by Steve565656 on Tue Nov 29, 2022 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steve565656

PostMon Nov 28, 2022 11:07 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:
nomadbrad wrote:The are DOZENS of vet players (including myself) that would like to revert back to the ATG 8 bullpen engine which was infinitely more transparent and occasionally predictable with some randomness. That ATG9 bullpen has been laughable. Experiment fails and we need a return to ATG8.

Amen. I second all of the above.

someone told me they made some sort of change, The playoffs it should up the action seeing its all or nothing< hope someone tweaks this so players have a tad more control with closing out games I lost 15 games in the last 2 innings this last round I played leading going into the 8th, and its not my pitchers cause they aren't pitching the last guy I would use is getting the call, crazy, will keep trying to find the magic formula for a championship,
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx