Is there an easy way to analyze a card?

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

davidjaredklein

Is there an easy way to analyze a card?

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 12:59 pm

Hi,

Been playing 2 years electronically and many years earlier as a kid. Love this game. I’m also in my second daily league.

I would like to know if there is a relatively simple way (or software tool /app) that looks at a card and gives an analysis. I typically count the number of hits on a card against righty or lefty (which ignores dice probability), or look at the 7 roll, which ignores all other rolls.

Is there a better way to analyze a card - or 2 cards against each other?

This really comes into play with daily, as cards change every day.

Thanks,

David

jjii66

Re: Is there an easy way to analyze a card?

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 1:48 pm

Do yourself a favor, at least for the Daily game... Use the handy dandy color bar thingy at the bottom of the card. I probably look at 200 cards a day-- if I had to add up all the hit chances and such, that would be my idea of hell. I wouldn't even play! But the color coded thing makes it easy. You can compare players with pretty much just a glance. Look at Story and Goldschmidt side by side, you'll see what I mean.

davidjaredklein

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 2:11 pm

jjii66 wrote:Do yourself a favor, at least for the Daily game... Use the handy dandy color bar thingy at the bottom of the card. I probably look at 200 cards a day-- if I had to add up all the hit chances and such, that would be my idea of hell. I wouldn't even play! But the color coded thing makes it easy. You can compare players with pretty much just a glance. Look at Story and Goldschmidt side by side, you'll see what I mean.

Yup. That’s a great suggestion. I was trying to figure out guys with great stats but low at bats and how that translates to the makeup of the card. Thanks.

freeman

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 12:44 am

Every year there is a baseball guide for 20XX that tallies hits, walks, hrs etc for each player from their card. You can download it for around $15. If you play ATG diamonddope.com is a great resource.

davidjaredklein

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 7:40 am

freeman wrote:Every year there is a baseball guide for 20XX that tallies hits, walks, hrs etc for each player from their card. You can download it for around $15. If you play ATG diamonddope.com is a great resource.

Where do you download it from?

Thanks

MochaDog

PostWed Jul 13, 2022 11:04 am

Where do you download it from?

It's listed as one of the "Ratings Guides" under "Baseball" at www.strat-o-matic.com

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx