Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Palmtana

Re: Age

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 3:24 pm

Hardesty, I think it's more that a very small minority of players post in the forums.

bighooze

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 10:46 am

Hello everyone. I’m 59 yes old...will be 60 in September.

I started playing Strat in the early 70s. A few of my friends had strat games and so played with them. My brother and I were APBA fanatics. Bought every new yearly set for at least a decade. During the pandemic my brother has acquired every APBA card set from 1964 to 2009.

I played every baseball card game known to mankind: Strat, APBA, Statis Pro, Worlds Greatest Baseball Game, Sports Illustrated, Baseball Strategy, 3M baseball...Also spent a decade plus on the Whatifsports.com site playing their baseball sim starting in 2005.

Also played Strat hockey, really liked that too.

I started playing Strat 365 last December. Am really enjoying it. Won a championship with my second team behind 1971 Stargell and Aaron.

Glad to know there are like minded individuals that still enjoy the history of baseball through games like Strat.

B.L. Brown

PostThu Apr 29, 2021 6:03 am

I am on the dark side of 65 headed to 66. Introduced to Strat when my best friend got the football board game and found out they had baseball and bought it for myself..first set was the 1970 season. Stopped playing when I started college and through the years I had 3 opportunities to play head to head with friends in different cities. I found the Sporting News site when I was on an injury leave in the early 2000's and have been playing on-line since..no head to head anymore. I play in 4 Keepers groups, run a Dual Franchise group and play an occasional current season league.

bvargus

PostMon May 03, 2021 1:58 pm

I'm 64, playing for 53 years. Had a FTF league for 17 years, but strictly online now.

sivany

PostMon May 03, 2021 4:27 pm

I am 53 years old - played Strat from time I was 14 til I was 21 - then just got back into game this year with my childhood buddy Paulo. We now have and ATG league we started, and also have a podcast called The Stratocast. We just posted Episode 4 on Google pods, Spotify and Apple pods and it is available at redcircle.com. Tune in if you get the chance - this episode is about our Strat365 ATG league - our first foray into the online sim season - we have learned a lot and still have a lot to learn! :lol:

the splinter

PostMon May 03, 2021 7:38 pm

Sivany ....I’m available for guest appearances if you need an experienced bat off the bench.

KEVINEHLE

PostWed May 05, 2021 6:40 pm

I'm 57 and my first SOM game was the 1970 Game. As Cubs fans, me and my brothers immediately tried to play a full 162 game season with those cards. the Orange split cards wore out so fast that we used a deck of card and a marks-a-lot and numbered them 1-20. No way we were going to order split cards from that greedy SOM company!

BTW, I did my part. My nephew is a 24 year old (Graduated from college with his Major being "Statistics"). He is now hooked on the online game. I had to spot him $$$ while he was in college, but now he is doing well and can dish out cash for the 5 packs. He is now in 4 Keeper Leagues. The funny thing is that he was not a baseball fan when he started SOM. Now he is!

We need more young bucks in our leagues!

LACEYBURNETTE

PostWed May 12, 2021 6:44 pm

Seems a lot of people started with the 1970 season. Did Strat boost advertising then? I believe I saw an ad in a baseball magazine.

paulrishabh31

PostSat May 22, 2021 5:03 am

I'm 55 and I played the cards & dice version a lot between the ages of about 11-18. For the most part I stopped playing after High School until I found the online game about age 38 or 39 and I haven't been without at least one online team going at all times ever since. Most of the time I will have 4 or 5 or more teams going. vidmate download instasave

rbuck83

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 5:36 pm

Playing since 1965 and I am 67. My best friend’s father was good friends with Red Schoendist and Red would visit them frequently. We played All Star Baseball (used a spinner on individual player cards) at the time. After seeing us playing every time Red suggested we try Strato Baseball.W as We both purchased Strato Baseball for 1964 season and became addicted immediately. We played throughout our youth and into adult years with the gambling factor incorporated beginning in 1977 using the team cards each year for his Cardinals vs. my Yankees. No need to mention who dominated.
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 20xx