Getting under the cap

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Blue

Getting under the cap

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 2:12 pm

I've seen it said a team must get under the cap to be able to make any roster adjustments, and that you can't make changes that leave you over the cap.

Does that mean your first transaction has to bring your team's salary completely in line with the cap?

Say you are two million over. Can you make two waiver moves that save one million each? Or will the system not allow the first because you would still be a million over, requiring your first transaction to clear the whole two million?

ROBERTLIND

Re: Getting under the cap

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 2:33 pm

You can't unless you trade. All other moves must leave at least a 0 balance. You could trade in a high priced player for a very cheap one freeing up cap. Make your two moves. And then move your cheap player back for the high priced player hoping that nobody else picked him up while you were making the moves. Very risky during waivers though.

Blue

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 7:57 pm

Thanks for the response.

Wonder why they make an exception for trades? Perhaps to not punish the other teams.

ROBERTLIND

PostFri Mar 16, 2018 10:06 pm

You can make multiple player trades but transactions are one for one.

Blue

PostSat Mar 17, 2018 2:23 am

Oh, I see. You are saying I could make a two-for-two trade in that scenario if it left me under the cap.

Got it, thanks.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365