How do I run a 2 tight end offence?

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

berniebutler@eastlink.ca

How do I run a 2 tight end offence?

PostTue Feb 20, 2018 12:44 pm

I have two great tight ends and I want to run the 2 tight end offence. I designated that as my offence last night, but the second tight end didn't make a play. When you set your lineup, it only allows for 1 tight end. How can I cure this?

Frank Bailey

Re: How do I run a 2 tight end offence?

PostWed Feb 21, 2018 3:30 pm

If you look at the play-by-play, it tells you on the first line of every play (in parentheses) the offensive and defensive formations used on each play. Then you will know if HAL followed your directions for your primary formation. There is no place to set a second tight end in your lineup, just like there is no place to set your second KO and punt return people, or your fifth defensive back. You have to trust that HAL will choose the best player for the job.

As to catching a pass, you might be able to run some simulations with the CD-ROM game, if you have it, to maybe figure out how the game engine uses that set up.

Good luck.

maxtrax89

PostThu Feb 22, 2018 9:22 pm

It's worth checking the injury log as well under full-season, by team. Sometimes if a good player puts up goose eggs there's a chance he wasn't playing.

berniebutler@eastlink.ca

PostSat Feb 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Thanks for the great advice! I think this game is part voodoo , and it takes attention to detail. All the BEST!

cardinalsfan

PostWed Feb 28, 2018 2:58 pm

It's more of a chess battle against strat football game itself, not your opponent it seems to me. Older version had flaws but so much more fun. When I win games sometimes it feels empty, like I didn't really do anything.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365