Not happy with allowing over cap.

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Mathew Quigley

Not happy with allowing over cap.

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 2:51 pm

The game is hard enough for a new comer to play without allowing teams to remain over cap. Leagues should not start until everybody meets cap requirements. A team 1.5 mil or more over cap has an advantage. I'd also like to see more situational control. Once my credits are used up I probably won't play anymore. The over cap is a deal breaker for me. I believe in fair play and over cap is not it. Not correcting it as a manager is just cheating.

Denorien

Re: Not happy with allowing over cap.

PostSat Jan 13, 2018 7:14 pm

Mathew Quigley wrote:The game is hard enough for a new comer to play without allowing teams to remain over cap. Leagues should not start until everybody meets cap requirements. A team 1.5 mil or more over cap has an advantage. I'd also like to see more situational control. Once my credits are used up I probably won't play anymore. The over cap is a deal breaker for me. I believe in fair play and over cap is not it. Not correcting it as a manager is just cheating.

I'm not happy seeing teams over the cap after drafting, either. I guess if there is any upside, they're pinned down from making roster changes since they'll have to eat however much they're over. It's not a great payback. But, it is something.

I suppose I can see how or why it happens. There are no equivalent .50 scrubs (comparing to the baseball platform).

Snakefinger

Re: Not happy with allowing over cap.

PostSun Jan 28, 2018 6:39 pm

The problem is created by having so few low cost players to fill out a roster. So the over the cap teams end up with slightly better scrubs, and lack any roster flexibility during pre-season and beyond unless the extra $$ is shed in the process. I expect you wouldn't see any better performance out of those teams in the long run, and probably worse performance would be the reality. I've never come out of an autodraft happy with all of the main players I've drafted.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365