need Help with Defense

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

BruceF

need Help with Defense

PostMon Oct 30, 2017 2:16 pm

Can some veteran give me some good defensive tips?

1. Where should I spend my money?

2. How often should I call run vs. pass?

3. What is a good defensive strategy?

4. How often should I blitz, double team, or key?

5. Is it best to be conservative and wait for a mistake or take risks and force a mistake?

6. Is extreme stop the pass or run a good or bad idea?

7. What are some of the good defensive values?

8. What % should be spent on defense compared to offense?

Thanks in advance!

Mathew Quigley

Re: need Help with Defense

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 3:02 pm

All good questions but I don't think there is one size fits all. What you need to do is plan for the team you are playing. Take into account your defensive picks and go from there. If your def line has good pass rush you don't need to blitz as much. I think you need to take plan every game.

Frank Bailey

PostWed Nov 01, 2017 3:20 pm

The trouble with asking for help from a vet is this game's only been here a few weeks. We're all guessing.

From the handful of leagues I've played in, I've seen teams be successful spending from less than $24 on defense to more than $30.

Strategies are a big question mark. I've tried a certain defensive setup against a certain type of team and had it work wonderfully. Then the next night against the same type of offense, my outfit got clobbered.

One of the trickier issues to work with right now is subs at the skill positions. There aren't enough cheap ones to go around and you need a few if you want to get a big name at a couple of spots. Makes the draft strategy much trickier than with the baseball game. Draft the cheap guys too high and you miss the studs you want. Draft the cheap guys too low, you don't get them and you can't afford the studs.

timklucinec

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 9:24 pm

Mastermosser56 has some real good tips on his Thread: "Love this, remember it is v 1"
You have to study your Opponent's last few games & yours in the Play-by-Play Section and see what worked or didn't work, against a similar Offensive Set & Defense ,what their tendencies are on downs, what Personnel they have and compare. Then decide on your Starters and what Strategy you want to use.
It is like studying Game Films. It's part of the thrill of the game trying to beat your Opponent and Schiso HAL. If you don't study, you're in for a long season.

Hope this helps.

Tim Klucinec/Tim K

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365