Blitzing and Sack Results

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mr_herzog

Blitzing and Sack Results

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 4:32 pm

In my leagues, the linebackers are getting relatively few sacks and the DBs are getting a lot.

There is no way to tell if this is being caused by the way people are setting their strategy.

But it seems odd.

In one league, Lawrence Taylor recorded 6 sacks, putting him in line with the average FS.

djmacb

Re: Blitzing and Sack Results

PostTue Oct 10, 2017 9:41 pm

I have observed the same thing. Since we only have one choice about how much to blitz, and not about who blitzes, I have no idea how to get LBers more sacks.

The Football computer game has individual sliders for LB's and FS's. Wouldn't it be nice if we had these on line?

SGTD

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 7:43 am

I have LT and he has 0 sacks and my LB'er corp has 0 after 10 Games. After this league plays out I will not be spending anymore money on the Football Game until they fix things. I was excited since I played this version when it was a quarter a night, but that is no longer the case. Hard to set your strategy when you don't know who is playing for you.

mr_herzog

PostThu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm

SGTD wrote:I have LT and he has 0 sacks and my LB'er corp has 0 after 10 Games. After this league plays out I will not be spending anymore money on the Football Game until they fix things. I was excited since I played this version when it was a quarter a night, but that is no longer the case. Hard to set your strategy when you don't know who is playing for you.

What are your defensive settings?

SGTD

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 7:33 am

Heavy Blitz Attack, after 11 Games 0 sacks for the ATF (NY Giants) LB'er corp. My D-line has 20 Sacks (Pitt) and my D-backs (SF) have 5 Sacks. Of course the game recap stated that I won the game 27-27 with no OT. Then the recap stated that the other team won the air battle out-passing my team then posted the stats for my QB who had won the air-battle. This game may have jumped the shark.

mr_herzog

PostFri Oct 13, 2017 8:31 am

Yeah. I have a team that completed its season early last week.

The home page still reads "You're in the Semi-Finals!" , even though my team failed to make the playoffs.

(My team finished in a tie for second but lost the tiebreaker.)

Still listed on my active teams page, too.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365