SOM Wake-up!

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

FRANKMANSUETO

SOM Wake-up!

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 6:47 am

Fix the injury issue. Apparently my starting QB Matt Ryan who has a ZERO injury is questionable for the next game. May possibly miss his 3rd game of the season. Both times before when he was questionable he collected splinters. Lets see he has NOT missed a game in 7 seasons and counting in the NFL. I also have several other players with ZERO injuries who have missed games. We won't get into that. :evil:

Do YOU clowns understand that? Most likely NOT!!! You don't bother interacting with your customer base. Do you know what customer service means? In case you don't, well YOU don't. Here is the definition.

Customer service is the provision of service to customers before, during and after a purchase. The perception of success of such interactions is dependent on employees "who can adjust themselves to the personality of the guest".
Last edited by FRANKMANSUETO on Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mr_herzog

Re: SOM Wake-up!

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 8:56 am

Ryan's status has nothing to do with being injury prone. The game is structured to keep you from "overusing" him.

Your offense is throwing the ball on nearly 70% of it's plays. So, Ryan has accumulated a year's worth of stats in 13 games. (It is interesting how close his stats are to his acutal season.)

If you set your offense to throw the ball less often, Ryan will not miss time. I don't know how to keep the receivers from missing time, as we have no control over whom the qb targets.

On the bright side in spite of all of this, you are 11-4.

FRANKMANSUETO

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 9:26 am

Not going to argue with you on that point. But the game is a FANTASY game and we ALL play to have those players put up HUGE stats. How many times in the baseball version does a player surpass his season ACTUAL #'s? Too many to list. The same SHOULD apply here! That is how I FEEL! I can't be the only one that thinks this way.

KEVINEHLE

PostFri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm

Yes, this has been talked about a lot. Like in baseball, I think we should be able to use guys as much as we want.....but the player's salary should reflect that and let us run our teams.

In regards to this over-usage, it does make sense to hold Runningbacks to reasonable carries. An RB who has 30 to 40 rushes per game isn't realistic as they do get the crap beat out of them and would wear down. However, a QB who throws 40 times per game instead of 25 to 30 doesn't take a whole lot of extra energy and isn't worthy of over-usage restrictions.

Radagast Brown

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Someone foolishly wrote:

Ryan's status has nothing to do with being injury prone. The game is structured to keep you from "overusing"
him.

Overuse? overuse? He has NEVER EVER missed a game in real life! Hello?

This is an embarrassment. How could they fail so very miserably?

mr_herzog

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 1:21 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:Someone foolishly wrote:

Ryan's status has nothing to do with being injury prone. The game is structured to keep you from "overusing"
him.

Overuse? overuse? He has NEVER EVER missed a game in real life! Hello?

This is an embarrassment. How could they fail so very miserably?

Since I "foolishly" wrote that, I'll try again.

If you use Matt Ryan as the Falcons did, he will not miss a game. But if you have Ryan throw the ball 60 times per game, he will wind up missing time. One could argue that, in real life, Ryan may have been forced to miss games if he had attempted many more passes than he actually did. Maybe.

As I have said before, I like the concept of overusage. But I think SOM has handled it poorly.

My biggest criticism is not that players like Ryan or Rogers may have to miss games. However much one may hate that, it is stated in the game rules.

It's worse, IMHO, that you can get around the rules and use low-usage players much more than their prices would suggest.

And, it makes no sense that SE, FL and TEs are subject to overusage when there is no way (that I can figure) to regulate their number of catches.

thom09w

PostMon Oct 09, 2017 5:04 pm

In real life, Ryan is prevented from throwing 60 times a game by the defense. He'd risk getting beaten up by the pass rush, plus the defense would eventually guess 'pass' every single play. The same thing applies to receivers (although not entirely to RBs, who really do wear down). If a guy is catching "too many" passes, then he should be double teamed.

More strategy options - and splitting the game into quarters or halves - would help with this.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365