Playability of the Game

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

blineimages

Playability of the Game

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 10:00 am

It is not uncommon, for new programmed games that come out, that there are bugs, things that don't work as planned, missing strategies, things that interfere with the playability of the game etc.-- in the great scheme of things, this is not unexpected.
And when the game creator fixes those bugs, modifies the strategies, improves the playability of the game, --- that's when the game becomes a big success.

Strat Football 365 has the potential to be a very successful game. Let's face it, there is a huge pool of football fans out there.

Here is what I see that needs to be done, in order to achieve that goal.

1) It looks like, perhaps in order to create a "new" style feature, that a large effort went into creating a complex injury system--A through F, with 10 levels for each. This effort unfortunately, was in the wrong direction. Clearly when you read the boards, where the owners want complexity is in the same sort of things that make 365 Baseball attractive---the complexity should be in the player/team settings, in the customization of offense and defense. Owners want to have more specific control over their settings, they clearly don't want a complex injury system. Make the injury system like the basic strat injury system, a simple 1 through 4 level. That's it, 1-4.
Then allow owners to determine which specific players they want to key, what specific sets of plays they wish to run, etc.---i.e. move the game complexity from injury to the strategy and player settings---this is what will define the performance of a team. And that is what will attract competitive owners to the game.

2) There are simply not enough players/options for the drafting portion of the game. Every team I have drafted has come up with a negative cash available, due to the limited player field. By adding players/options, not only will that solve the available cash issue, it will also give owners more options on how to put together their teams.
And, this is a big one---in ATG, franchise leagues are very popular. Not possible with this small player pool. Add a good pool of players, more different kinds of leagues will be formed, more games will get bought. Simple math. Do that and its a win win.

3) Because of injuries, not knowing which of your players is actually playing for your team, is absurd. A team owner would know, and would be the one to decide. Fix this, now. Simple, easy---begs to be done.

4) As several experienced owners pointed out, the strategies and tactics of the board game, have been for the most part left out of the 365 game. Bring those elements to the on-line game. You do that, and participation will soar.

5) I understand fully why strat pulled any kind of 2 way direct conversation on the threads between the the STRAT staff and the customers---those threads became unproductive and inappropriate and took up way too much staff time. But it would benefit STRAT and the owners if there was a way for that dialogue to happen.
My suggestion is for STRAT to setup communication with a small group of long term experienced STRAT customers, that are civil and productive in their communications. That group of identified customers, will certainly know what suggestions and feedback the other customers have, and can put it together in a constructive manner in order to have a dialogue with the STRAT team. To prevent what happened before, this dialogue could happen privately, or on a locked thread---i.e. where only the designated individuals could post. This kind of communication would certainly benefit STRAT, and would give customers a voice to help improve and make suggestions for the games.
Last edited by blineimages on Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Franco

Re: Playability of the Game

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Great post. Number 5 is a brilliant idea.

Rjnewman

PostSun Oct 01, 2017 11:27 pm

Excellent. Maybe offer free credit for every idea or bug fix they use to make game better.

stratfanatic

PostMon Oct 02, 2017 3:12 pm

blineimages wrote:It is not uncommon, for new programmed games that come out, that there are bugs, things that don't work as planned, missing strategies, things that interfere with the playability of the game etc.-- in the great scheme of things, this is not unexpected.
And when the game creator fixes those bugs, modifies the strategies, improves the playability of the game, --- that's when the game becomes a big success.

Strat Football 365 has the potential to be a very successful game. Let's face it, there is a huge pool of football fans out there.

Here is what I see that needs to be done, in order to achieve that goal.

1) It looks like, perhaps in order to create a "new" style feature, that a large effort went into creating a complex injury system--A through F, with 10 levels for each. This effort unfortunately, was in the wrong direction. Clearly when you read the boards, where the owners want complexity is in the same sort of things that make 365 Baseball attractive---the complexity should be in the player/team settings, in the customization of offense and defense. Owners want to have more specific control over their settings, they clearly don't want a complex injury system. Make the injury system like the basic strat injury system, a simple 1 through 4 level. That's it, 1-4.
Then allow owners to determine which specific players they want to key, what specific sets of plays they wish to run, etc.---i.e. move the game complexity from injury to the strategy and player settings---this is what will define the performance of a team. And that is what will attract competitive owners to the game.

2) There are simply not enough players/options for the drafting portion of the game. Every team I have drafted has come up with a negative cash available, due to the limited player field. By adding players/options, not only will that solve the available cash issue, it will also give owners more options on how to put together their teams.
And, this is a big one---in ATG, franchise leagues are very popular. Not possible with this small player pool. Add a good pool of players, more different kinds of leagues will be formed, more games will get bought. Simple math. Do that and its a win win.

3) Because of injuries, not knowing which of your players is actually playing for your team, is absurd. A team owner would know, and would be the one to decide. Fix this, now. Simple, easy---begs to be done.

4) As several experienced owners pointed out, the strategies and tactics of the board game, have been for the most part left out of the 365 game. Bring those elements to the on-line game. You do that, and participation will soar.

5) I understand fully why strat pulled any kind of 2 way direct conversation on the threads between the the STRAT staff and the customers---those threads became unproductive and inappropriate and took up way too much staff time. But it would benefit STRAT and the owners if there was a way for that dialogue to happen.
My suggestion is for STRAT to setup communication with a small group of long term experienced STRAT customers, that are civil and productive in their communications. That group of identified customers, will certainly know what suggestions and feedback the other customers have, and can put it together in a constructive manner in order to have a dialogue with the STRAT team. To prevent what happened before, this dialogue could happen privately, or on a locked thread---i.e. where only the designated individuals could post. This kind of communication would certainly benefit STRAT, and would give customers a voice to help improve and make suggestions for the games.

GREAT comments and why don't you email SOM at 365support@strat-o-matic.com?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365