reading the results

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

TIMOTHYFOSTER

reading the results

PostMon Sep 25, 2017 11:56 pm

Can someone please help me figure out how to get to the play by play without knowing the score? Imagine I'm overlooking how to do it and much harder to read the play by play and figure this out when I already know I got hammered. Thanks for the help - its a great day for football!

tony best

Re: reading the results

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 7:19 am

In our league the play by play wasnt working at all. VERY disappointing

edwardneal63

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 11:55 am

1. Wish I was joking
2. Set team preferences to hide score(s)
3. Check Front Office to see if that night's game is completed
4. If completed, while squinting eyes strongly, select just under the box "Show just this game score"
5. Still strongly squinting eyes so as to not be able to read the score, select the blue colored text just below the newly appearing box.
6. Continue squinting eyes and select the Play by Play box that now has appeared in the middle of the two other boxes
7. While continuing to squint, move the page so Quarter 1 Quarter 2 etc are the first thing visible on the page
8. Stop squinting and go through the play by play quarter by quarter while keeping track of the score separately
9. Review box score after completing desired portion of play by play.
10. Receive eye exams at appropriate intervals
11. Hope Strat adds a line for Play by Play selection on the Front Office page that goes directly to a Play by Play page that begins with the Quarters and not the box score.

sakdl4

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 3:47 pm

I knew I should have taken my glasses off before I checked my result

Chris Franco

PostTue Sep 26, 2017 8:09 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:1. Wish I was joking
2. Set team preferences to hide score(s)
3. Check Front Office to see if that night's game is completed
4. If completed, while squinting eyes strongly, select just under the box "Show just this game score"
5. Still strongly squinting eyes so as to not be able to read the score, select the blue colored text just below the newly appearing box.
6. Continue squinting eyes and select the Play by Play box that now has appeared in the middle of the two other boxes
7. While continuing to squint, move the page so Quarter 1 Quarter 2 etc are the first thing visible on the page
8. Stop squinting and go through the play by play quarter by quarter while keeping track of the score separately
9. Review box score after completing desired portion of play by play.
10. Receive eye exams at appropriate intervals
11. Hope Strat adds a line for Play by Play selection on the Front Office page that goes directly to a Play by Play page that begins with the Quarters and not the box score.

Hysterical

Radagast Brown

PostWed Sep 27, 2017 1:57 am

Not good people.... What were they thinking? They have half a game, this is not a finished product to be proud of.

TIMOTHYFOSTER

PostFri Sep 29, 2017 8:37 pm

Way too funny - I'm ashamed to admit but I have actually been using the squint method - it has only worked once but at least that one game (I lost by 2) was actually somewhat enjoyable to read through even with the glaring problems. I did cut out a hole in a piece of paper that I thought would be in the correct location (right underneath the previous days result. But I never could even get to the correct page without accidentally seeing the results first.

I don't care what anyone says -- this is f'n ridiculous. That would seriously take 30 seconds to program and I know kids who are less than ten years old who could have a link to the play by play while hiding the top box score under the game results in less than ten minutes. That's not an exaggeration and so while I'm sure the plants are going to have some reasoning for why this hasn't been done I think its just simply a case of Strat emulating North Korean leadership -- when they finally do give us the ability to actually read the play by play without knowing the outcome, we are all actually going to say thank you... oh great one. Any chance Strato would let one of us take over their computers for 15-30 minutes so one of us can get some of this stuff done?

PS - I had a commodore 64 (and AOL dial-up at one point) - I'm offended as anyone could make more progress with a c64 or especially with the badass 128 than we've seen here. Remember, its been a decade.

I really do like the football game - what a shame - wish I could send their office some pride as how many of you went home today after doing a half ass job and doing nothing for your customers?

TIMOTHYFOSTER

PostSat Sep 30, 2017 4:52 pm

Worked again...sorta
Just an update - squinted eyes worked again - I got into the play by play without knowing the score! I did realize in the second quarter there was an OT box up top so knew the rest of the way that it would end in a tie but didn't know the result of OT so was fun to read through that.
Hoping strat will at least just link to the Play by Play if nothing else because I'm sure if somone walks in on me while I'm squinting to read the results, I'll surely be heading to the hospital for worry of me having a stroke.
"No, I'm fine, really, just trying to read the results... without knowing the results."

At least someone on here knows I'm not completely insane.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365