Defensive Injuries?

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Golden Bubba

Defensive Injuries?

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 7:01 am

To those who have already started their seasons…can you tell me if defensive players/offensive linemen are subject to injury, or are the defensive starters/off. linemen immune to injury chances? The reason I ask is to discover the better values among the various team packages available. For example…why pay 10.75 mil for a def backfield when a 8.50 mil backfield will suffice if injuries are not a factor. I haven't started my league yet, but I am inclined to think that the quality of the back-ups should play a role in both the pricing and the performance of said packages. Then again, from all the info on the football boards, it appears that the game might not reward managers who spend extra in order to have a deeper bench at this point in its development.

Also, if package players do suffer injury…is HAL smart enough to actually put in back-ups that have the best stats available for said position? Many thanks!

edwardneal63

Re: Defensive Injuries?

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 9:31 am

In this sequence one of the Baltimore DBs seems to be injured and replaced. All the possible replacements for the CB position had a 0 rating, so cannot say if the best replacement for a position is normally chosen. Cannot determine how long the injury lasts but the injury is not showing on the roster now. The injury only seems to be for some duration of the current game for the "non-skilled" positions.

1-10 BAS 45 (7:55) End Run - Right (Pro Set) [D: 4-3, Pass]
OBB Larry Csonka(FullBack) - 1 yards
Other Battle Larry Csonka(FullBack) - 1 yards
Other Battle Larry Csonka(FullBack) - 1 yards
Run Thurman Thomas (HB) - 3 yards
Tackle Ordell Braase (LE)
Injury Milt Davis (RCB) - -1 yards ******

2-7 BAS 42 (7:19) Flat Pass - Right (Pro Set) [D: 4-3, Run]
Pass Thurman Thomas (HB) - 14 yards
Tackle Lenny Lyles (RCB) ******
FD

******=injury related information

The backup defensive backs may also be relevant when teams play other formations such as a nickel even if there are no injuries.

Chris Franco

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 9:40 am

In my trial league I had a OL get hurt.
Now...how long? Who knows.
Which...you would think...Strat would easily fix by telling us in the play by play.

So. I am therefore guessing D and OL injuries are always remainder of the game only. (Sigh).

Golden Bubba

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 9:50 am

Awesome...that's good information. Looks like confirmation that non-skilled players can suffer in-game injury...even if there is no multi-game duration applied to that injury. Like you said, both backup CB's for the Colts are 0-rated, so HAL's intelligence cannot yet be determined. I'll keep an eye-out for these types of situations in the league that starts on Monday, and I'll use this thread should I have any further updates. Thanks again gentlemen.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365