Anyone else find this boring?

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

mr_herzog

Re: Anyone else find this boring?

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 pm

I am trying to comprehend what A2 means for Frank Gore.

If "A" rated players may be used most heavily without fear of missing games

What does the 2 mean?

I am guessing Strat forgot a comma in the rules. Maybe not. Maybe "fear of" confuses the issue. Reads more plainly without that phrase.

Since we are all newbies, please let us know if Johnson is ever actually forced to sit.

Thanks.

geekor

PostThu Sep 14, 2017 10:46 pm

Letter = overuse
Number = injury

2 different parts.

A shouldn't have to worry about overuse, but the 2 means he can be injured for up to 2 games.

edwardneal63

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 9:52 am

Strat probably could have phrased it better and may need to work on how often overuse happens.

Do not believe ' "A" rated players may be used most heavily without fear of missing games' means an "A" player cannot be overused, only that it should be less of a concern.

If "A" players could not be overused at all there would be no reason to put "most heavily". Strat could have just said "A" rated players may be used without fear of missing games (because of overuse).

Appreciate the insights and advice shared by others here and so far, do not find the game boring.

tof78

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 9:57 am

[/quote]So why would any A0 (the 0 says how many games he can miss to injury) even be questionable or doubtful?[/quote]

I may understand your fear. I have such Q and D players, including a A0.
But, did you see one of them on the bench for a whole game until now?
I have a WR who was Q. I removed him form the starter position and he did 2 nice catches.

MY fear is that I have my 2 TE Q/D, so what would happen if both should sit?

Sorry for my english (French native)

mr_herzog

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 11:18 am

edwardneal63 wrote:
"Do not believe ' "A" rated players may be used most heavily without fear of missing games' means an "A" player cannot be overused, only that it should be less of a concern.

If "A" players could not be overused at all there would be no reason to put "most heavily". Strat could have just said "A" rated players may be used without fear of missing games (because of overuse)."

Thanks for saying in one post what I could not articulate in six.

We are all learning. Will be helpful to share experiences.

geekor

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:45 pm

mr_herzog wrote:
edwardneal63 wrote:
"Do not believe ' "A" rated players may be used most heavily without fear of missing games' means an "A" player cannot be overused, only that it should be less of a concern.

If "A" players could not be overused at all there would be no reason to put "most heavily". Strat could have just said "A" rated players may be used without fear of missing games (because of overuse)."

Thanks for saying in one post what I could not articulate in six.

We are all learning. Will be helpful to share experiences.

And if games are averaging 20-30% more offensive plays than in the real NFL, how exactly can you avoid overusage exactly?

Stop trying to give SOM an out for ANOTHER poorly planned game.

mr_herzog

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 pm

And if games are averaging 20-30% more offensive plays than in the real NFL, how exactly can you avoid overusage exactly?

Stop trying to give SOM an out for ANOTHER poorly planned game.
[/quote]

I was just trying to clarify the rule. I am not on anyone's side. I am a game player just like you.

If the games are averaging a lot more plays than in real life, that is a real problem.

And your whole situation with Johnson appears to be a game flaw.

You said that Johnson was getting 21 carries a game. Are your other backs getting carries as well? Thanks.

tmfw30

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 1:49 pm

mr_herzog makes a good point that football allows for more opponent-focused game planning, but I am mostly disappointed by the lack of strategic options and personnel control.

What I would like to see is:

1. Depth chart control of every formation.

2. Situational control of formation use (e.g. 3rd and long: 3-WR 80%, Pro Set 10%, 2TE 10%)

3. Weighted play calling strategy per formation (e.g. Flat pass 30%, Linebuck 30%, End Run 20%, Short Pass 15%, Long Pass 5%)

4. Option for automatic subs at a certain point differential to control overage usage.

I would desire much else, but above examples of more micromanagement would get my blood going for this game, which at this point is pretty cold.

Chris Franco

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 2:28 pm

tmfw30 wrote:mr_herzog makes a good point that football allows for more opponent-focused game planning, but I am mostly disappointed by the lack of strategic options and personnel control.

What I would like to see is:

1. Depth chart control of every formation.

2. Situational control of formation use (e.g. 3rd and long: 3-WR 80%, Pro Set 10%, 2TE 10%)

3. Weighted play calling strategy per formation (e.g. Flat pass 30%, Linebuck 30%, End Run 20%, Short Pass 15%, Long Pass 5%)

4. Option for automatic subs at a certain point differential to control overage usage.

I would desire much else, but above examples of more micromanagement would get my blood going for this game, which at this point is pretty cold.

Great post

edwardneal63

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 5:25 pm

Strat has apparently revised some wording to clarify "A" players can become overused.

"All skill players may miss games occasionally; "A" rated players may be used most heavily with the smallest probability of missing games, while "F" rated players may be used the least heavily."

"A" players should not be missing the fourth game of the season unless injured and players should not go from questionable to unable to play without being listed as doubtful first imho. Questionable should indicate the player is on pace to be overused not that missing game time is imminent.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365