Anyone else find this boring?

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

geekor

Re: Anyone else find this boring?

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 6:16 pm

edwardneal63 wrote:Strat has apparently revised some wording to clarify "A" players can become overused.

"All skill players may miss games occasionally; "A" rated players may be used most heavily with the smallest probability of missing games, while "F" rated players may be used the least heavily."

"A" players should not be missing the fourth game of the season unless injured and players should not go from questionable to unable to play without being listed as doubtful first imho. Questionable should indicate the player is on pace to be overused not that missing game time is imminent.

Yea they got back to me and said they re-worded it. That wasn't the point. If you have Aaron Rodgers, as an example in the league I'm in, and he misses the 4th game of the season for overuse, that averages to 25% of the season, for a QB that is A) Expensive, B) never missed a snap in real life, C) wasn't being gimmicked into overuse

How would you feel about the game? (not my team).

mr_herzog

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 6:48 pm

Something is definitely off; overusage restrictions are way too tight. And the number of plays per game is not a good sign.

Needs to be fixed ASAP.

Wondering if the ATF football overusage restrictions will be even worse. Most of the real life player stats were accumulated in 14 game seasons. Did STRAT account for that?

divad

PostFri Sep 15, 2017 8:11 pm

This is Version 1.0 dudes. Be careful what you ask for. You just might get it.

gbrookes

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 7:33 am

Chris Franco wrote:
tmfw30 wrote:mr_herzog makes a good point that football allows for more opponent-focused game planning, but I am mostly disappointed by the lack of strategic options and personnel control.

What I would like to see is:

1. Depth chart control of every formation.

2. Situational control of formation use (e.g. 3rd and long: 3-WR 80%, Pro Set 10%, 2TE 10%)

3. Weighted play calling strategy per formation (e.g. Flat pass 30%, Linebuck 30%, End Run 20%, Short Pass 15%, Long Pass 5%)

4. Option for automatic subs at a certain point differential to control overage usage.

I would desire much else, but above examples of more micromanagement would get my blood going for this game, which at this point is pretty cold.

Great post

This!

geekor

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 11:15 am

So another issue, how long is a player out?

Had a D6 as doubtf 3 games in a row. Should I just drop then then?

lferenti123

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 1:26 pm

gbrookes wrote:
Chris Franco wrote:
tmfw30 wrote:mr_herzog makes a good point that football allows for more opponent-focused game planning, but I am mostly disappointed by the lack of strategic options and personnel control.

What I would like to see is:

1. Depth chart control of every formation.

2. Situational control of formation use (e.g. 3rd and long: 3-WR 80%, Pro Set 10%, 2TE 10%)

3. Weighted play calling strategy per formation (e.g. Flat pass 30%, Linebuck 30%, End Run 20%, Short Pass 15%, Long Pass 5%)

4. Option for automatic subs at a certain point differential to control overage usage.

I would desire much else, but above examples of more micromanagement would get my blood going for this game, which at this point is pretty cold.

Great post

This!

Would it do any good if we all copied this post and emailed it to SOM? I've never emailed them so I'm unsure how responsive they are to our ideas. Hopefully they realize that Football 365 is unplayable until a good portion of the above suggestions get implemented.

Chris Franco

PostSat Sep 16, 2017 9:49 pm

It seems to me that currently in the all time great format...you are manually needing to bench guys if they are at around 130 percent of their real life attempts or throws or catches.
In ATG...i really don't have a problem with that...since it will penalize the auto pilot GM. And it's fun to play your bench. I do not like playing the GM in baseball who Wants to just set his team up once and watch it roll. This happens all the time in the baseball leagues and I think it's sad. I'm micromanaging my teams daily in baseball and it rarely pays off. I'm always always around 500...I've never made the playoffs ever...and I manage every team daily.
I've always felt a GM should be rewarded for managing his team.
And the auto pilot GM should be hurt just letting hal run everything...hal subbing out hurt players...and adjusting lineups for gms who are running teams on hal autopilot.
To me...if I was a Strat baseball programmer...if a known hurt hitting player starts...he strikes out automatically every time until he gets well.
I know that's extreme. But at least give me an option to create a league with that as a rule and let me play against other GMs who feel as I do.
Continually losing to 100 percent hal run teams is a slap in my face.
And in baseball...I'm getting slapped pretty much every night.

So. I'm very much in favor of...you wake up in the morning and see a D or a Q next to a football ATG player...warning you to sub that player out that night. Or else he's gonna get hurt and it may be for a while... I actually love that.

Now. For the record. Football...I am talking all time greats only. Where it's fun to have great players on a team with a deep bench.
If you're playing with the 2016 cards...for example..and having to manually rest Aaron Rodgers...well...that's ridiculous.

geekor

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 12:27 am

Chris Franco wrote:It seems to me that currently in the all time great format...you are manually needing to bench guys if they are at around 130 percent of their real life attempts or throws or catches.
In ATG...i really don't have a problem with that...since it will penalize the auto pilot GM. And it's fun to play your bench. I do not like playing the GM in baseball who Wants to just set his team up once and watch it roll. This happens all the time in the baseball leagues and I think it's sad. I'm micromanaging my teams daily in baseball and it rarely pays off. I'm always always around 500...I've never made the playoffs ever...and I manage every team daily.
I've always felt a GM should be rewarded for managing his team.
And the auto pilot GM should be hurt just letting hal run everything...hal subbing out hurt players...and adjusting lineups for gms who are running teams on hal autopilot.
To me...if I was a Strat baseball programmer...if a known hurt hitting player starts...he strikes out automatically every time until he gets well.
I know that's extreme. But at least give me an option to create a league with that as a rule and let me play against other GMs who feel as I do.
Continually losing to 100 percent hal run teams is a slap in my face.
And in baseball...I'm getting slapped pretty much every night.

So. I'm very much in favor of...you wake up in the morning and see a D or a Q next to a football ATG player...warning you to sub that player out that night. Or else he's gonna get hurt and it may be for a while... I actually love that.

Now. For the record. Football...I am talking all time greats only. Where it's fun to have great players on a team with a deep bench.
If you're playing with the 2016 cards...for example..and having to manually rest Aaron Rodgers...well...that's ridiculous.

Yea i'm on my 3rd QB in 6 games, real fun :roll:

Chris Franco

PostSun Sep 17, 2017 9:45 am

In ATG there are only 2 quarterbacks on the roster. I'm assuming your QB injuries are in current card league?
And...yes..agree...that's not cool.

In Atg the backup shoukd not be allowed to get hurt unless number one quarterback is healthy in my opinion
Previous

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365