Opening Night Glitches Tally

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

KEVINEHLE

Opening Night Glitches Tally

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 10:24 am

Even though both of my teams won 30-20 (same score for both -odd, but I will take it), I should mention some obvious glitches. ;)

Anyway, I haven't even looked closely yet, but found some glitches.

1. As mentioned on earlier thread --- No Replay at all

2. The league's top wide receiver who had 5 catches for 147.....is showing up on the leader board with 10 catches and 294 yards (exactly double of what he really did)

3. I had flagged my Front Screen to be "HIDDEN", but this morning, the Scoreboard/Standings were hidden as normal, but the game recap and top performers were visible on the front screen which tips off what happened in the game.

The Hidden probably doesn't matter much if the replay option isn't active.

***Everyone who see glitches, please add on to this thread and we can compile and send to SOM.

tof78

Re: Opening Night Glitches Tally

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 10:38 am

I have one.

My team did 4 Sacks. It is mentioned in the Match box score, and in the League's DEF (Team) stats.
But when I look the League's DEF (Player), 3 different players are credited with 2, 2, 1 so 5 sacks in total.

gbrookes

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 10:40 am

There were multiple injuries on the play by play descriptions, but they all vanished league-wide for the beginning of game 2. I haven't tried to check yet whether the same players generally continued to appear in the play by play after their in-game injury.

gbrookes

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 10:48 am

I'm not sure if this counts as a glitch, but I'm not thrilled about it - 2 connected points re the game experience -

1. Die rolls not disclosed. I want to see the die rolls, especially since I (and all of us) are new to this online football game.

2. A companion to the first point - I would like to see all cards, including the defensive cards (even if they are generic) as well as the special teams cover cards for when they are referenced on the returns die roll results.

For me this is very important - and probably for most strat gamers. The reason why we gravitate to strat in the first place is that we like three things: 1. Sports 2. strategy, and 3. understanding how math and statistics can be used to model sports outcomes.

Strat gamers were at least 20 or 30 years ahead of the sporting world. We were the original "money ball" guys.

We were also among the first to do computer games using the internet (although not myself to be honest), with live gaming against live opponents using the CD Rom game. The online game made it convenient for people like us to do this on a nightly basis.

In every aspect of sports strategy, through Hal's great game system, we have always been ahead of our time - because we have the intellectual curiosity to see how math can help model sports strategy - and even change conventional thinking on sports strategy. Every time we start a new team, it is a new experiment. "Will this strategy work?"

So, for me (and maybe many others), not being able to see the cards and the die roll is the antithesis of why we liked strat-o-matic all along! It is important!

[I've emailed this post to strat, with the following introduction: "I wrote this on the boards today, but I want to share this with you and receive a repsonse. This is very important to me for any strat gaming!"]

tof78

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 11:26 am

I fully agree with you gbrookes. You are highlighting fundamental points.

Below is a very specific glitch (I like this new word, as a French speaker, don't ask me why).

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that a Touchback was following by a start on the 20 Yds line for the opponent team. No penalty was mentioned there, so why did they start from 25 yd line?

1-10 POR 35 (15:00) Kickoff
Kickoff Morten Andersen (PK) - 0 yards
TouchBack

1-10 BRI [url]25[/url] (15:00) Flat Pass - Right (Pro Set) [D: 3-4, Pass]

Rosie2167

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 12:11 pm

tof78 wrote:I fully agree with you gbrookes. You are highlighting fundamental points.

Below is a very specific glitch (I like this new word, as a French speaker, don't ask me why).

Maybe I am wrong but I thought that a Touchback was following by a start on the 20 Yds line for the opponent team. No penalty was mentioned there, so why did they start from 25 yd line?

1-10 POR 35 (15:00) Kickoff
Kickoff Morten Andersen (PK) - 0 yards
TouchBack

1-10 BRI [url]25[/url] (15:00) Flat Pass - Right (Pro Set) [D: 3-4, Pass]

the 25yd line start is the new NFL rule

tof78

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 1:12 pm

Thank you.

geekor

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Also favor the pass (NOT strongly mind you) equaled 50 passes and 10 rushes.... really SOM? Was never behind more than 3, game was close the entire way.

ScumbyJr

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 2:50 pm

gbrookes wrote:I'm not sure if this counts as a glitch, but I'm not thrilled about it - 2 connected points re the game experience -

1. Die rolls not disclosed. I want to see the die rolls, especially since I (and all of us) are new to this online football game.

2. A companion to the first point - I would like to see all cards, including the defensive cards (even if they are generic) as well as the special teams cover cards for when they are referenced on the returns die roll results.

For me this is very important - and probably for most strat gamers. The reason why we gravitate to strat in the first place is that we like three things: 1. Sports 2. strategy, and 3. understanding how math and statistics can be used to model sports outcomes.

Strat gamers were at least 20 or 30 years ahead of the sporting world. We were the original "money ball" guys.
"]

BINGO. I signed up for the free trial. What I got the first game was a score (supposed to be hidden but wasn't) and play by play which is meaningless without die rolls and cards to follow what is transpiring. A total lack of fun.

Don't know if they was glitch, but there was lots of punt and kickoff returns for TDS. My team had 3 of them

Mumford

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 5:03 pm

this series is all screwed up

1-10 123 1
(4:19) Look In Pass (Pro Set) [D: 4-3, Run - Key]
Pass
Keith Byars(FullBack) - 8 yards
Tackle
Lavern Torgeson (LLB)
Penalty Mandatory
0 yards