ATG?

All Football 365 talk goes here!

Moderator: Palmtana

• Author

Chris Franco

ATG?

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 6:18 pm

Ok. I have been searching through my trial league free agent data base for hours.
I'm scratching my head.
Is this supposed to be all time greats... If yes, why the card seasons chosen...
Is it all time greats...but we are stuck with the player's rookie season card?

And where are all the players...a ton of all time great players are missing.

I don't see a rhyme or reason why certain players are in the set and others were excluded.

Way too few players overall.

Anyone have any insight?

Paul_Long71

Re: ATG?

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 7:08 pm

they are not rookie seasons. the year listed is their rookie card, but the stats are pretty much their career stats divided by their years played. or their avg. stats per season.

Ninersphan

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 pm

The set is based on the All Time team card set Strat released about 5 or 6 years ago. I'd agree some of their choices are head scratching and I have no idea how they determined individual ratings. I mean I suppose it would be boring if every O-lineman was 7/6 but I really think they under rated several players on every team. And yes I agree the carded players seem short changed too. I can find many examples of better cards for some of the carded players, my understanding is it's a career overall card despite the year shown.

Chris Franco

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 pm

Ok. Career card. Averaged out. Or close to that. Got it. Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

Now, how about explaining all the missing well liked players...(question for Strat. Not you guys).

Or ....cmon Strat...put a bunch of medium and bottom priced players in the set too. That way the top players are worth more.

Example...
You scan the QB free agent pool and see many real life Great players in the middle of the QB position list.
If the player pool at each position went all the way down to $.50 or $1.00 players like in baseball, then these great players would have better value and the game would be more enjoyable. To see a player like Lenny Dawson or Bart Starr in the bottom middle of the quarterbacks list seems like blasphemy. It's insulting to my intelligence as a pro football fan since the 1960s.

Whatever the card pool is now, it needs to be tripled at each position ASAP.

And the D units and OL units need to be done by decade.
So, for example, you have all time Vikings DL unit cards 1960s, 1970s, 1980s, etc.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365