• Author

gbrookes

Strategy and Formations

PostSun Sep 10, 2017 10:16 am

gbrookes

Re: Strategy and Formations

PostTue Sep 12, 2017 3:46 pm

Just noticed these words in the document linked above:

"Compared to the Pro Set formation, the BB formation gains an advantage in adjusting defensive pass rush ratings down 1, and the BB’s rating is used when End is called for on runs to the left. Consequently, the BB formation is always better than Pro Set unless there is some reason to have two RBs eligible to run the ball."

Interesting. One of my two teams has 2 eligible fullbacks. I may switch to the BB formation (instead of the pro set) even if the personnel is the same, in light of the above comments.

Ninersphan

Re: Strategy and Formations

PostWed Sep 13, 2017 9:41 am

gbrookes wrote:Just noticed these words in the document linked above:

"Compared to the Pro Set formation, the BB formation gains an advantage in adjusting defensive pass rush ratings down 1, and the BB’s rating is used when End is called for on runs to the left. Consequently, the BB formation is always better than Pro Set unless there is some reason to have two RBs eligible to run the ball."

Interesting. One of my two teams has 2 eligible fullbacks. I may switch to the BB formation (instead of the pro set) even if the personnel is the same, in light of the above comments.

It also has the advantage of the defense not being able to call key on your RB when calling a run defense, making all RB card results on the guessed right column ( when Run defense is called) and not the keyed column, which has only negative gains. That's goes out the window though in Goal to go situations inside the 10 yard line.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Football 365