Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

BC15NY

Re: 22.1 Results

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 10:09 pm

Verbal Warrior wrote:
BC15NY wrote:
2cityfan wrote:I agree Visick.. being a great guy is not a reason to vote a new card in.. I am glad we agree we need more scrubs.. The new card add cycles as we run them now do not make much difference.. The net new team adds help, but there are still some targets of useful scrubs that I would like to see in the set.. I know you jump into the franchise leagues I create from time to time, and I would love to hear your thoughts on how we can more scrubs added into the ATGv9 set at a faster pace to make more leagues feasible..

I have reached out to Strat re a one-time add of at least 100 cheap 'scrub' expansion era cards to the ATG set.

Hopefully that will fly and we can add them this year. Otherwise, I do have a plan B. Let's see what they say first, before we move in another direction.

Thanks,
Bill

Rather than relying on what might be a random bulk add from Strat perhaps it might be more efficient to address what exp teams need what.

Why don't we make a list. ask Strat Members to volunteer for an EXP franchise, and they can detail what each team really needs? Allow for up to 5 position requests.

It won't be a "random bulk add from Strat".

djp_77

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 10:34 pm

At what point is a Soto card acceptable? A lot of the best players have multiple cards. I like Soto and wanted to have a card to use but apparently we have to wait til 2027 for a atg worthy card. Kind of feels like when writers don't give a young player mvp because he has plenty of years to win one.

I wanted the Vizquel card because I don't care for his current cards and loved the 1e3 who could hit righties. Probably would have been a good price but I am not gonna come on here and bash the cards that got in. We all get a nomination and shouldn't have to justify why we nominated them. I nominate cards I want to use and I am sure everyone else does too.

visick

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 10:43 pm

" I nominate cards I want to use and I am sure everyone else does too."

I wish that were the case.

Pretty much ALL of the selections that I had a problem with in the past are usually in the FA pile.

And if I recall correctly, there was a time when a guy got in because the one who nominated him peed next to him in the bathroom and thought he was a "nice guy".

barterer2002

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 11:22 pm

djp_77 wrote:At what point is a Soto card acceptable? A lot of the best players have multiple cards. I like Soto and wanted to have a card to use but apparently we have to wait til 2027 for a atg worthy card. Kind of feels like when writers don't give a young player mvp because he has plenty of years to win one.

I wanted the Vizquel card because I don't care for his current cards and loved the 1e3 who could hit righties. Probably would have been a good price but I am not gonna come on here and bash the cards that got in. We all get a nomination and shouldn't have to justify why we nominated them. I nominate cards I want to use and I am sure everyone else does too.

I would suspect the Soto 2021 card will be acceptable

andycummings65

PostFri Feb 04, 2022 11:31 pm

djp_77 wrote:At what point is a Soto card acceptable? A lot of the best players have multiple cards. I like Soto and wanted to have a card to use but apparently we have to wait til 2027 for a atg worthy card. Kind of feels like when writers don't give a young player mvp because he has plenty of years to win one.

A Soto card is acceptable now. I voted for him. But I ALSO think he's gonna produce a better card or two than that 2019 card.

djp_77

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 1:04 pm

I said that I want to use. I am sure people who nominate a card use the card they nominated. When I nominate a card I don't try to think if 200 other people will use this card all the time because everyone builds differently and plays different leagues.

Soto will have amazing cards in the next 10 years. Probably a 12 million dollar one eventually. He is the best hitter in the game today.

visick

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 1:30 pm

"I am sure people who nominate a card use the card they nominated"

Highly doubtful

BC15NY

PostSat Feb 05, 2022 1:57 pm

visick wrote:"I am sure people who nominate a card use the card they nominated"

Highly doubtful

Why is that highly doubtful? What's the point otherwise.

I always use the cards I nominate, when they get voted in.

Mattw0909

PostSun Feb 06, 2022 8:07 am

djp_77 wrote:I said that I want to use. I am sure people who nominate a card use the card they nominated. When I nominate a card I don't try to think if 200 other people will use this card all the time because everyone builds differently and plays different leagues.

Soto will have amazing cards in the next 10 years. Probably a 12 million dollar one eventually. He is the best hitter in the game today.

When I nominated Soto , the thought behind it is summed up in that last sentence. He’s one of the best hitters in the game today. I look at the big 4 in today’s game (him , tatis jr, ohtani, vlad jr) as the current or next faces of baseball. I think they all need representation in the set and know they’ll get it eventually. They should all produce enough for multiple cards and looking at what years are available the only real option for nomination was the 2019 Soto out of those 4. 2020 would be a great option for Soto and tatis jr if we can get that year eventually and all 4 had great 2021 seasons. I know they’ll get cards eventually but to me the faces of today’s game should get in while they’re playing still.

visick

PostMon Feb 07, 2022 2:16 pm

"Highly doubtful"

It's highly doubtful because I've been in leagues with guys who nominated less than optimal or needed players, and their choices are sitting in the FA pile.

These are theme leagues/ 80/ 100/140m leagues.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions