22.1 Results

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

BC15NY

Re: 22.1 Results

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:05 pm

Also, from a franchise league perspective, the exp-era White Sox only have one catcher with an arm better than zero and he costs over 6 million. Karkovice helps there, in my opinion.

visick

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:08 pm

You're absolutely right Bill.

Id like to see at the end of the year, how many times certain guys get used.
There are so many head scratching choices that are chosen. (Overall)

And I know in leagues that I play in, certain guys picked are NEVER EVER used.

visick

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:10 pm

There are 3 better choices for the CWS. (Listed above)

Kark hit .228. What's he gonna have... 12 hit chances on his card?

Good luck with that.

Mattw0909

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:23 pm

FALCON29 wrote:How can Ron Karkovice get twice as many votes as Kenji Johjima? Makes zero sense to me. I can't see ever using the Karkovice card, but Seattle desperately needs catchers.

Oh well, when do nominations for 22.2 start...

I had a discussion in one of my leagues about some of the nominees…. What I took away from that conversation was some of us have totally different opinions on who gets added. I nominated the 2019 Soto card , and what I took from the conversation was the other guy would rather keep it more exclusive to the actual all time greats, some of us play franchise or time framed leagues so who they would want would be different and others just simply want their favorite players added. I like the process and the results we usually get. I’m also happy to see Soto get a second chance in 22.2

BC15NY

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 9:33 pm

visick wrote:There are 3 better choices for the CWS. (Listed above)

Kark hit .228. What's he gonna have... 12 hit chances on his card?

Good luck with that.

Pretty sure they were for Seattle...unless I missed something.

Either way, I plan on using Karkovice, pending the pricing. I've won championships with bigger stiffs at catcher.

Might come in handy against Elk Grove Rich and his 80m speed teams...

andycummings65

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 10:24 pm

Mattw0909 wrote:
FALCON29 wrote:How can Ron Karkovice get twice as many votes as Kenji Johjima? Makes zero sense to me. I can't see ever using the Karkovice card, but Seattle desperately needs catchers.

Oh well, when do nominations for 22.2 start...

I had a discussion in one of my leagues about some of the nominees…. What I took away from that conversation was some of us have totally different opinions on who gets added. I nominated the 2019 Soto card , and what I took from the conversation was the other guy would rather keep it more exclusive to the actual all time greats, some of us play franchise or time framed leagues so who they would want would be different and others just simply want their favorite players added. I like the process and the results we usually get. I’m also happy to see Soto get a second chance in 22.2

For Soto in particular, I see him producing even better cards than 2019 coming up in the future.

MaxPower

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 1:10 am

Yup that was the only reason I didn't vote for Soto...because that's probably gonna end up a relatively minor season in his career as a whole. It's a shame his 2020 isn't eligible. Certainly wouldn't be upset to see 2019 get in though, he's an incredible hitter, one of the best eyes I've ever seen and still so young...

visick

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 9:03 am

You're right Bill, my bad. (About SEA C's)

Still,

Catching has been a problem for the CWS. But we still have guys like Fisk, Lollar, Pierzynski, Downing, Schalk etc...
who are better choices then the 12 hit chance Kark.

Please post the next championship you win with the Kark @ C.
I'll bring the salt and eat my words... :lol:

egvrich

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 12:57 pm

BC15NY wrote:Either way, I plan on using Karkovice, pending the pricing. I've won championships with bigger stiffs at catcher.

Might come in handy against Elk Grove Rich and his 80m speed teams...

:lol: :lol:

I didn't vote for him, I can assure you of that.

Verbal Warrior

PostWed Feb 02, 2022 2:56 pm

I voted for Karko not because he necessarily deserved it but because he was needed as a cheap option for the CWS franchise and in general all exp franchises can use more cheaper options.

I hope Bill and the strat community figures out a way to inject a bunch of cheap under 1m players into the set as its challenging to play franchise leagues with so few options under 1m. In my current franchise league I'm using a $1.23m 5th SP who will likely never be used and $1.44m hardly used CF because there were no other cheaper options available.

I think we should have a supplemental cheapo player vote where every team gets 4 additional cheapo players so over 100 are added to the set.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions