Response to the nonsense and the request to shutup

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Radagast Brown

Response to the nonsense and the request to shutup

PostWed Sep 16, 2020 8:26 pm

That guy Andy or whoever runs it is obviously nuts. He said he didn't want to make a player from the 1990s into an ATG9 star, or even give him a card. But he has no problem making no named bums from the 1800s the absolute best cards in the game. I will not cut the racists a break who have totally ruined the ATG9 game for everyone but a couple dozen 70 year old white guys. I would like to see Strat-O-Matic survive and that imbecile is killing the game.

andycummings65

Re: Response to the nonsense and the request to shutup

PostThu Sep 17, 2020 11:32 am

Radagast Brown wrote:That guy Andy or whoever runs it is obviously nuts. He said he didn't want to make a player from the 1990s into an ATG9 star, or even give him a card. But he has no problem making no named bums from the 1800s the absolute best cards in the game. I will not cut the racists a break who have totally ruined the ATG9 game for everyone but a couple dozen 70 year old white guys. I would like to see Strat-O-Matic survive and that imbecile is killing the game.

A few things about "that guy Andy"

1--I don't "run" anything.

2--I post Diamond Dope stats for nominations to help folks see how the nominated cards would actually play. I have no more input than anyone else in the voting and nominating process

3--I am not nuts. (My wife may think so at times, but I am not.)

4--I said I didn't want to turn Terry Shumpert into an ATG star because of one good half year in Coors Field when he couldn't even make it as a starter in his career. You totally misrepresented that to ludicrously try to state that I'm against 1990s players. Nominate him and vote him in if you disagree that a journeyman lifetime .252 hitter who was never a starter in MLB shouldn't have a card because he batted .347 in one decent half season in Coors.

5--I'm GLAD to have 1990s players in ATG9. In the past I've pushed for many of the ones we have now to be included.
In fact, I think the 1990s needs MORE representation.

6--You don't pay much attention to, well, pretty much anything. I have disagreed with Salty and many other guys here about adding pre-1894 cards to the set. I think it was a totally different game then with different rules. They have a difference of opinion; believe it or not, none of us resort to name-calling and other crap (YOU specialize in "other crap"). I'm good with players from 1894 to the present day getting represented if they are voted in. No one worries about the race of a player but YOU.

7--I don't know of any racists on these boards. Anyone who would accuse me or anyone else on here of being a racist because of how cards are voted in is either a liar or an idiot, most likely BOTH.

8--I'm nowhere near 70.

9--I am not a Boomer.

10--I would like to see Strat-o-matic survive.

11--I am not an imbecile.

12--I think your usual whacko posts give us a good indication to who you are, however.

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions