Heresy

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

PATRICKCASSIDY

Heresy

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 5:49 pm

w/ the (welcome, to me anyway) influx of 19th century cards, surely we have expanded the envelope of acceptable players for the set and could, if we wanted to, add players from Japan - I think that Ichiro (and some others) have earned that right

I get it that that there is a disconnect between US and Japanese ball that does not have an analog in the continuity within MLB per se, (I am referring to players who played in both the decade of the 1890s and the 1900s) but surely some acceptable 'arithmetic constant' percentage or some other algorithm could be applied to Japanese league players to allow a representation of them here - admit it, you would love to have at least one team in your archive w/ Sadaharu Oh on it

I figure it could be an optional player set, just like the eras are now and players could be designed by consensus vote
it could be a hoot.
Last edited by PATRICKCASSIDY on Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PATRICKCASSIDY

Re: Heresy

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 6:29 pm

even more - fictional players - like Jack Elliot, Crash Davis, Roy Hobbs, - there is some issue of plausibility - like the rosters for Major League I & II, Little Big League, the natural and the Angels in the Outfield movies (original '30s and '90s remake should probably be eligible, but maybe the kid enabled by a freakish injury (Rookie of the Year) not so much.

after 9 pricing has effed with the pricing of lots of hitters I used to enjoy using, I (and I recognize some people like the pricing - hey, some people like McDonald's too) I have lost considerable interest in building and playing seasons with teams anyway

I figure it could be an optional player set, just like the eras are now and players could be designed by consensus vote
it could be a hoot.

PATRICKCASSIDY

PostSun Aug 02, 2020 6:34 pm

last thing (for now) the first ATG (basic one sided cards) set had best season on one side and career on the other

career cards might be fun (and again, an optional player subset) though there would probably be some decline in fielding ratings - guys that we usually play as 1s could become 2s or 3s

they would surely be more affordable (except for Babe)

Valen

PostSat Sep 05, 2020 5:55 pm

I think there actually is a career set that has advanced cards based on career stats. Been a long time since I actually looked though so going a lot from memory.

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions