Big D's Greatest Deed

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

DJ the DJ

Big D's Greatest Deed

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 7:38 am

In '68, Drysdale pitched six consecutive complete game shutouts. This had never been done in MLB history and has never been equaled. The evolution of pitching strongly suggests such a streak will never occur again. Some teams don't throw six shutouts in a year. I'm perfectly aware of Hershiser's great 59 inning streak which eclipsed Drysdale's 20-year record by a single out. I'm speaking of something beyond consecutive innings. 6 straight complete game shutouts?! Isn't it only right that this extraordinary baseball accomplishment be included in SOM 365? C'mon, can I get an amen? DJ

andycummings65

Re: Big D's Greatest Deed

PostFri Jul 03, 2020 9:16 am

DJ the DJ wrote:In '68, Drysdale pitched six consecutive complete game shutouts. This had never been done in MLB history and has never been equaled. The evolution of pitching strongly suggests such a streak will never occur again. Some teams don't throw six shutouts in a year. I'm perfectly aware of Hershiser's great 59 inning streak which eclipsed Drysdale's 20-year record by a single out. I'm speaking of something beyond consecutive innings. 6 straight complete game shutouts?! Isn't it only right that this extraordinary baseball accomplishment be included in SOM 365? C'mon, can I get an amen? DJ

I understand the perspective. 1968 would slot in as his 3rd best card, running neck and neck with 1965, and worse than 1962 and 1964................

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions