20.3 Results

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Radagast Brown

Re: 20.3 Results

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 3:09 pm

For it to take 15 years for Andre Thornton to finally get a good card is a joke, and not a very funny one.

If he were a Yankee,a white player, or from the 1800s he would have his best three cards by now..

It's just so haphazard and bush league the way this is done. There are a handful of Boomers who are ramming through these ridiculous cards from the 1800s. I have had it with ATG8 , I have not played ATG9 yet, and I don't have plans to.....

BC15NY

PostFri Jul 17, 2020 9:02 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:For it to take 15 years for Andre Thornton to finally get a good card is a joke, and not a very funny one.

If he were a Yankee,a white player, or from the 1800s he would have his best three cards by now..

It's just so haphazard and bush league the way this is done. There are a handful of Boomers who are ramming through these ridiculous cards from the 1800s. I have had it with ATG8 , I have not played ATG9 yet, and I don't have plans to.....

1) Strat just added several hundred new cards from the 2000s to ATG9
2) Every add we do has plenty of cards from the modern era
3) I am a big champion for adding modern (1990 and up) full teams to the set
4) The new card process is not haphazard or bush league - cards are voted in by the broader community
5) There are only a few cards from the 1800s added here and there - no reason for such an attack
6) Race has absolutely NOTHING to do with what cards get voted in - plenty of players are w/o good cards
7) Thornton wasn't on any good teams, so he didn't get the benefit of being added to the set in that fashion

2cityfan

PostSat Jul 18, 2020 11:29 am

Accepting SOM does not have unlimited resources to just price and add thousands of cards at once, maybe Radagast Brown can outline a better process, or suggestion to improve the process in a constructive way.. I gave feedback on full team adds and BCNY15 was able to improve the process.. It’s easy to complain, but I suggest being part of the solution..
Previous

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions