We need more scrubs for franchise leagues

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

BC15NY

Re: We need more scrubs for franchise leagues

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 1:28 pm

2cityfan wrote:BC15NY, the problem with low scrub count is two-fold.. 1.) many franchises do not have complete teams loaded, so they lack scrub depth... 2.) the expansion era spans 50 years... the back up players on the 1969 Mets, don't fit with the players from more contemporary teams...

Again, a quick improvement would be to add some full, modern teams to the set.. Please keep us informed if you make progress here.. I know a lot of time and effort is invested in the individual player add cycles.. but this problem, does not get fixed without a path to getting full team loads.. maybe just a few at a time, start with the franchises like the White Sox that don't have a base team to work with.. thanks

Thanks again for the input. I do appreciate the need for the full team adds; it has been a priority of mine. I will continue to work on this with Strat and hopefully we can get some modern teams added to enhance the set.

FALCON29

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 2:04 pm

We're all entitled to our opinions, and on a topic like this nobody is right and nobody is wrong, so I hope you understand my position when I strenuously disagree to adding more scrubs. We have too many completely irrelevant players already. The card set is called "All-Time Greats", not "All-Time Scrubs".

visick

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 2:22 pm

You're missing the point.

When playing theme leagues as teams, you need $.50 players for your squad.
It sucks when teams have $.75-$2m scrubs to fill out a team.

BC15NY

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 3:58 pm

FALCON29 wrote:We're all entitled to our opinions, and on a topic like this nobody is right and nobody is wrong, so I hope you understand my position when I strenuously disagree to adding more scrubs. We have too many completely irrelevant players already. The card set is called "All-Time Greats", not "All-Time Scrubs".

I believe that ATG started as all-time great TEAMS...and I strenuously disagree with your disagreement.

We need the lower priced cards for franchise leagues in the EXP-era. We will continue to add the 100 cards per year based on the community vote. Getting some additional teams added won't impact that at all. These team adds would bring in higher-priced cards as well. We have added a bunch of good cards via the team adds.

Radagast Brown

PostFri Jun 12, 2020 9:52 pm

I agree. I am hesitant to play Franchise theme leagues for this reason.

divad

PostWed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 pm

Moonlight Graham is available
Previous

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions