on to ATG9?

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

PATRICKCASSIDY

on to ATG9?

PostSat Apr 18, 2020 11:39 pm

not seeing a poll for a 20.3 and am seeing the ad/blurb for 'BEWARE, ATG9 is coming!' I suppose I need to go to the ATG thread to see how bummed that is gonna make me.

but if 9.0 is gonna fix some game mechanics stuff, maybe it will be cool

BC15NY

Re: on to ATG9?

PostSun Apr 19, 2020 10:56 am

PATRICKCASSIDY wrote:not seeing a poll for a 20.3 and am seeing the ad/blurb for 'BEWARE, ATG9 is coming!' I suppose I need to go to the ATG thread to see how bummed that is gonna make me.

but if 9.0 is gonna fix some game mechanics stuff, maybe it will be cool

ATG 9 should be great. Not sure why anyone would be bummed about that.

Re the 20.3 poll, we can't move forward with that until we see what cards have been added to ATG 9. Once ATG 9 is available, I will be firing up the nomination process for 20.3.

Thanks,
Bill

Radagast Brown

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 3:22 pm

YEAH! No more waiting for six months for some Boomer to nominate all white players from the 1800s!

BC15NY

PostTue Apr 21, 2020 6:35 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:YEAH! No more waiting for six months for some Boomer to nominate all white players from the 1800s!

Not even a global pandemic can stop this guy. Ever stalwart...

DANMARTINELLI

PostThu Apr 23, 2020 3:28 pm

Interesting that 2 out of 40 players nominated in the 20.2 pole were pre-1900, so 4%. Just pointing this out!

PATRICKCASSIDY

PostMon Apr 27, 2020 6:04 pm

BC15NY

I am happy for you that you are so pleased w/ ATG &/or strat in general.

I keep forgetting that the options available for managing the players and situations are perfect and could not possibly be improved or made more lucid as to their operational effects in game/series context.

Please don't take offense, I realize that the second sentence probably comes across as a little negative, but I swear on the '59 Ernie Banks card that I mean no insult, I just didn't know how else to state, that since ATG2, I have found the settings available quite limited/ineffective relative to the way I would manage a team in ftf, solotaire, or vs. computer play.

My experience playing against you is that it seems to work a bit better for you, mazel toz, mazel tov.

But I was actually a little more oriented to new cards;

Zambrano and Big Daddy's 20 game year in Pittsburgh are in recent ATG8 additions, so that is cool, but I do not expect some of my favorite, not quite Bambino LH Ofs to be in the card set, (or any time soon, and I believe I am entitled to want what I want). There are some others (cards) too, but maybe they will make it in eventually, Santo did, after a way too long wait, with some good cards, and Hickman's best and decent seasons too, but Santo took way too LONG a time, and I don't think 4 Ernie SS cards are quite as interesting as one of his decent power late career 1b cards would be, just to free associate on the topic for a few sentences.

But most importantly, again, I mean no offense to you by any of my opening remarks, I do think I am entitled to my own level of satisfaction with the product, though, correct?

Peace, respect, and manly strat-love, dog.

sincerely,
- Patrick

PATRICKCASSIDY

PostFri May 01, 2020 3:24 pm

please forgive me for not being pleased with atg9, the new pricing has decimated the usability a very large number of the players I had most enjoyed using, seems to me that the 80M cap is done for,

i mean, if they don't want us to use the big Babe card, why have it?

I think I may bleed-off my remaining credits playing multi-team leagues against myself, I used to enjoy playing solotaire anyway.

Strat can do what they want and other players can like/prefer what they want, so, oh well. But I can too

I had already resolved to steadfastly play just one team at a time and have been waiting for nearly a month for a new 24 team atg8 league to fill, and that's cool,

new players are always welcome, but a raft of my favorites is still absent and do not seem likely to be added any time soon.

9 just isn't gonna be that much fun for me from what I can see.

if you love it, mazel tov, enjoy

continued good fortune and personal well-wishes to all,

- Patrick

STEVE F

PostFri May 01, 2020 3:28 pm

I hated it for about 24 hours , but I'm coming around. A lot more different cards and options will be used. $80 Mil is not dead, if fact, I think there are more viable options than ever at that cap.
I hope you at least give it a try. You might find you'll come to enjoy it.

lexomatic

PostFri May 01, 2020 11:41 pm

I'm not seeing any point at the moment either. Again no new Jays. I'm assuming some of the expansion teams still can't field a proper team.

andycummings65

PostSat May 02, 2020 9:01 am

lexomatic wrote:I'm not seeing any point at the moment either. Again no new Jays. I'm assuming some of the expansion teams still can't field a proper team.

I count 13 new Jays.
Next

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions