Joe Mauer & Why is it so hard to have cards added in bulk?

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Radagast Brown

Joe Mauer & Why is it so hard to have cards added in bulk?

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 4:30 pm

Joe Mauer is one of the best hitting catchers of all time, he won multiple batting titles. I would love to see him get another card or two before the next decade is over...

I would love to see Michael Brantley get his best card. It does seem like players of African American descent are a bit underrepresented.

Along those same lines, I really have a hard time with the fact almost all modern players (often marginal as far as a "Great") have their best card's available. However, Andrew McCutchen's one card is basically unusable.

I know there are a boatload of players who deserve either a card, or more cards, these are just a few on the top of my mind.
I don't get upset when Ty Cobb or Paul Molitor, or Pete Rose get another card, honestly I don't understand why more great and good players don't all have half a dozen cards or more... It shouldn't be an," either or" situation, why is it so hard to add hundreds of cards per month as opposed to two dozen every couple of months? Can anyone attempt to answer this question. Why is it so hard to have cards added in bulk? The cards are already created.

Radagast Brown

Re: Joe Mauer & Why is it so hard to have cards added in bul

PostWed Dec 18, 2019 4:34 pm

Also, why are they so bad at the rollouts of new cards? At the very least you should be able to click on the new cards (from the announcement list) and see the new card. It is silly that you have to constantly go back and forth between the whole set and the new 20 or so cards to find what they look like.

toronto50

PostSun Dec 29, 2019 12:58 pm

I can certainly echo some of these sentiments...players like Lee LACY has 2 cards, both under .70. Mike Trout and David ORTIZ have 1? These are some of the greats of our generation and they already have multiple cards available in the SOM engine from 20xx years. But there is always a submission for more ty cobb, ruth, morgan etc... maybe more modern cards can attract a younger audience to try to keep this online game going.

And please when u give me 2 Jesse Barfield cards and 1 of them is not his best year (40 hrs), then why give it. I understand the need to balance franchise payroll options but do the blue jays need 3 jimmy key cards and no cy young pat hentgen? 2 willie upshaws and no fred McGriff, 1 carlos Delgado...

pricing needs to be addressed because some cards are never used like andruw jones cf/atl. too costly for the card results. is there not an algorithm that can adjust cards yearly?

honestiago

PostFri Jan 03, 2020 8:36 am

I’d like Willie Upshaw’s best year. More than that, though, I’d like tighter usage restrictions. Sick of seeing the same cheap starting pitchers log 200+ innings.

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions