Retiring from SOM

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

BC15NY

Re: Retiring from SOM

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 2:34 pm

2cityfan wrote:I have been building team/era franchise theme leagues since atgv7 and the last few new player drops have allowed me to fill a number of roster holes. I agree with not engineering anything too complicated in regards to how we add new players to the pool. A cycle of voting by the community with a regular cadence of additions sounds good to me.

That said, I would like to make as a priority the addition of the 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks and the 2003 (or 1997) Florida Marlins. This would be a huge help to those of us who like to create/run/play franchise theme leagues. If you guys don't care about modern franchise theme leagues, then this is probably not a priority for you.. but I never have any trouble filling the leagues I start so I assume there is some interest.. I am sure there are those of you out there they may want to see other "full team drops," but Florida and Arizona are the only modern franchises left that cannot support a full SOM team with only the existing available player pool.

Thanks..
2cityfan

We will continue to add a full team with the 19.3 fifty card add. The Marlins and D-Backs are up for the next two full teams. We need to get them represented in the set before moving on to voting for other teams, as previously committed to.

2cityfan

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 5:08 pm

thanks BC15NY

george barnard

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 5:22 pm

I'd like to add my thanks to Rosie for all the work that he has done to bring in new cards. At times falsely accused of being an SOM shill, Rosie brought a methodical manner to the process. We can take issue with that manner (and we have) and we can take issue with choices involving eras (and we have). But Rosie did usher in some different ways of filling in certain blanks within the set and I, for one, always looked forward to how Rosie was going to propose the new add process. I have a feeling -- given his message -- that he may have been facing some difficulties the past few months which might explain unaccustomed silences (some of which were more than likely due to the glaring non-reaction of SOM management). Bob, work through whatever you need to, come back to us if you want. Just be well in mind and body. And thank you again.

fraank123

PostSun Jan 27, 2019 3:54 am

So sorry to hear you are leaving SOM Rosie. I also appreciate all you have done to add some structure to the player add process. I certainly hope and pray that your family obligations work out as well as they can. Hopefully you will one day be able to rejoin the community.

Salty

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 12:47 pm

Thank you Rosie for what you have done.
Even through our disagreements.

Good luck to you and hopefully your family situation will resolve itself with ease.

BTW- Druid's suggestion is best.

ggyuppie

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 4:26 pm

2cityfan wrote:I have been building team/era franchise theme leagues since atgv7 and the last few new player drops have allowed me to fill a number of roster holes. I agree with not engineering anything too complicated in regards to how we add new players to the pool. A cycle of voting by the community with a regular cadence of additions sounds good to me.

That said, I would like to make as a priority the addition of the 2001 Arizona Diamondbacks and the 2003 (or 1997) Florida Marlins. This would be a huge help to those of us who like to create/run/play franchise theme leagues. If you guys don't care about modern franchise theme leagues, then this is probably not a priority for you.. but I never have any trouble filling the leagues I start so I assume there is some interest.. I am sure there are those of you out there they may want to see other "full team drops," but Florida and Arizona are the only modern franchises left that cannot support a full SOM team with only the existing available player pool.

Thanks..
2cityfan

I second all that. Those two teams are the most lacking by a lot.

Seems like it would also be worth pushing the home office a little on the pace of adds. The keying of new cards into the set is probably not all that complicated. The set is short on full team drops from the 80’s on. Some great and important teams from the last 30+ years lack representation: Braves, Yankees, Giants, Red Sox, just to name the ones that come to mind for me. So why not TWO “all-time great” teams per year? We’ve done a couple leagues around the teams in the set now, and they’ve been really fun.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions