18.3 Direction

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Salty

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostSun Sep 09, 2018 9:05 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Why not a word about when the long overdue polls for the rest of 18.3 will be initiated? Or has Rosie just abdicated his stewardship over the process?

The sole useful purpose of having someone in the community get the process together is to actually get SoM to give us the cards reasonably on time--
if that can't be done properly then whats the purpose of doing any of this?

Im actually asking, because i don't get any of this endless debate over and over again, when the cards have no real timetable for actually coming.

Might as well go back to rereading my copy of waiting for Godot- its likely to find a resolution quicker.

Rosie2167

PostMon Sep 10, 2018 5:40 pm

The Last Druid wrote:Why not a word about when the long overdue polls for the rest of 18.3 will be initiated? Or has Rosie just abdicated his stewardship over the process?

Sorry community. Like many of you I'm sure, I've just been a bit overloaded recently. I won't bore you all with the details but I'll wrap this Colorado team this week and submit it to SOM.

I'll be moving the remaining 18.3 cards into 18.4 and start that process next week.

There's a part of this process for me that is a bit paralyzing at times, I think I've come up with a way to streamline it and will outline that suggested process at the end of this month. Something I'd like to initiate for 19.x and on.

Thanks for the patience, I'm surprised it took this long for the where's Rosie and wtf posts.

The Last Druid

PostMon Sep 10, 2018 7:49 pm

I'll be moving the remaining 18.3 cards into 18.4 and start that process next week.

I have been under the impression that 18.3 is the 50 card add and so far all we have is the team, correct? So if the as yet unspecified remaining 25 cards that would comprise 18.3 are moved into 18.4, are we not then losing out on 25 of the 100 adds that we were promised by Garcia, or does that mean that 18.4 will be 50 cards?

It is bad enough that we are now 7 years into ATG 8 and the last repricing was ATG III-R /ATG IV. Since all SOM offers the ATG community is basically table scraps, we should at least make sure that we get those.

Salty

PostMon Sep 10, 2018 11:37 pm

why dont we just go back to 1 person gets 1 nomination and we vote? :shock:

this process seems counterproductive if we aren't even getting the few 'scraps' they promised in reasonable fashion.

Rosie2167

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 12:29 am

18.4 will be 50 cards

BC15NY

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 12:07 pm

Will they be adding those last few barnstormer's cards with 18.3?

Looking for that 2009 Jason Bartlett card...

Thanks

Salty

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 12:25 pm

Salty wrote:why dont we just go back to 1 person gets 1 nomination and we vote? :shock:

this process seems counterproductive if we aren't even getting the few 'scraps' they promised in reasonable fashion.

I don't always quote myself, but when I do there is a reason.

In this case its because this 'process' which is designed to get the community involved is doing so less than when we had each person nominate one card, on top of things now getting pushed back that aren't even SoMs fault for once-- Im pretty sure that's a literal for once.

The important part of the process is making sure the adds happen consistently and on time.

Rosie2167

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 1:01 pm

Salty wrote:
Salty wrote:why dont we just go back to 1 person gets 1 nomination and we vote? :shock:

In this case its because this 'process' which is designed to get the community involved is doing so less than when we had each person nominate one card, on top of things now getting pushed back that aren't even SoMs fault for once-- Im pretty sure that's a literal for once.

The important part of the process is making sure the adds happen consistently and on time.

One time I lag and the sky is falling. If you truly think this process is worse than the previous one then by all means feel free to contact SOM and request that we go back to the way it was. Which if I recall was neither consistent nor on time.

BC15NY

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 1:34 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:
Salty wrote:

One time I lag and the sky is falling. If you truly think this process is worse than the previous one then by all means feel free to contact SOM and request that we go back to the way it was. Which if I recall was neither consistent nor on time.

The last thing we should do is go back to the way it was. That was a complete joke.

Sure, there have been a few lags in the new process, but we are at least getting a decent amount of cards added, on a somewhat consistent basis.

Let's get the ball rolling on 18.4 Rosie!

Salty

PostTue Sep 11, 2018 1:54 pm

"The important part of the process is making sure the adds happen consistently and on time." I wrote this

"One time I lag and the sky is falling. If you truly think this process is worse than the previous one then by all means feel free to contact SOM and request that we go back to the way it was. Which if I recall was neither consistent nor on time."
You wrote this...

Could you maybe read a little more carefully?
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions