18.3 Direction

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderators: Rosie2167, BC15NY

  • Author
  • Message
Offline

Rosie2167

  • Posts: 1975
  • Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

18.3 Direction

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 8:55 pm

18.3 will consist of one whole team and 25 other cards. I've started a thread for the team so here's my take on the other 25.

IN based on just missing from 18.2
Ron Gant 1990, BRV OF
Carlos Baerga** 1993 CLV 2B
Mike* Hampton 1999 HOU SP
RA Dickey 2012 NYM SP
Rich Aurilla 2001 GIA SS

Leaving us with 20 spots. In reviewing the cards added to date we have recently neglected 2B, zero added the last two runs. So lets allocate 5 spots to 2B and the remaining spots to pitchers and batters with a 5R+ or 5L+ balance. We've long bantered about platoon players but most of the time they fall short in the vote against the big boy cards, but we all know they have a significant place in ATG. So unless anyone has a huge issue with this direction (speak now), I'm suggesting we do the following...

5 cards listed above
1 team add of 25 cards
2B add of 5 cards
5R/L+ add of 15 cards

Thoughts?
Offline

STEVE F

  • Posts: 2955
  • Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostWed Jun 20, 2018 11:02 pm

Sounds good to me!
Offline

ratioman2

  • Posts: 337
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 10:43 am

I like the slanted pitcher.
Some good suggestions on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=643642

Instead of 2b, how about 5 players from either the 20xx or pre 1900? This would include some nice 2b options if we wanted 2b. But it would also open up some new players with no cards like Aaron Judge, Stanton (Miami needs cards!) etc. The list can go on and on, but here are some 2b options from the last two years alone
Jose Altuve 2017 2e11 957 ops
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/91366/2017/1/2017
Jose Ramirez 2017 2 e15 957 ops
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/91989/2017/1/2017
Brian Dozier 2017 1e5 857 ops 5L
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/91571/2017/1/2017
DJ Lemahieu 2016 1e6 911 ops
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/91416/2016/1/2016
Offline

visick

  • Posts: 4284
  • Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm
  • Location: Huntington Beach via NYC

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Some other 2B ideas...

1. 2011 Brandon Phillips:
http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/906/2011/1/2011

2. Del Pratt:(UPGRADE)
Maybe 1920 or 1921

3. Marty McManus: (UPGRADE)
Maybe 1922, 1924 or 1930

4. Aaron Hill:
2012: http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/517/2012/1/2012
or
2009

5. Orlando Hudson:
2006, 2008 or 2007

6. Randy Verlarde:
1999, 1993 or 2001
Offline

STEVE F

  • Posts: 2955
  • Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 7:18 pm

I'm not crazy about adding more 20xx or pre 1900 players, but its all good.
Offline

BC15NY

  • Posts: 508
  • Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:43 am

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostThu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:18.3 will consist of one whole team and 25 other cards. I've started a thread for the team so here's my take on the other 25.

IN based on just missing from 18.2
Ron Gant 1990, BRV OF
Carlos Baerga** 1993 CLV 2B
Mike* Hampton 1999 HOU SP
RA Dickey 2012 NYM SP
Rich Aurilla 2001 GIA SS

Leaving us with 20 spots. In reviewing the cards added to date we have recently neglected 2B, zero added the last two runs. So lets allocate 5 spots to 2B and the remaining spots to pitchers and batters with a 5R+ or 5L+ balance. We've long bantered about platoon players but most of the time they fall short in the vote against the big boy cards, but we all know they have a significant place in ATG. So unless anyone has a huge issue with this direction (speak now), I'm suggesting we do the following...

5 cards listed above
1 team add of 25 cards
2B add of 5 cards
5R/L+ add of 15 cards

Thoughts?


Works for me. I'd like to see the platoon parameters set at 4L+/4R+ though.

Thanks,
Bill
Offline

ras040409

  • Posts: 37
  • Joined: Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:59 am

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 10:19 am

I think we need to add 1997 Tin o Martinez 1978 Yankee card it should be 4 or 5 left hand rated card. Why isn't a 16 year 4 world series champion not in All time greatest game for the Yankees?
Offline

FALCON29

  • Posts: 1789
  • Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:59 am
  • Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 10:33 am

STEVE F wrote:I'm not crazy about adding more 20xx or pre 1900 players, but its all good.


Agreed. Maybe guys from 2000-2009, but not more recent. With a few obvious exceptions, (Trout, Scherzer, etc.), the term "All-Time Greats" can't yet be applied to most current players. Tommy Pham had a great 2017, but if he never does it again do we want him in the All-Time Greats ahead of, say, Ivan Calderon or Dale Sveum from 1987? Only time will tell.

And none of us ever saw anyone from pre 1900, (I'm old, but not THAT old!), and I simply can't relate well to them.
Offline

Rosie2167

  • Posts: 1975
  • Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 12:02 pm

ras040409 wrote:I think we need to add 1997 Tin o Martinez 1978 Yankee card it should be 4 or 5 left hand rated card. Why isn't a 16 year 4 world series champion not in All time greatest game for the Yankees?

Well the short answer is he hasn't received enough votes the three times he's been on the ballot.

According to card viewer
97 = 3R
98 = 1R
Offline

Rosie2167

  • Posts: 1975
  • Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:55 pm

Re: 18.3 Direction

PostFri Jun 22, 2018 12:05 pm

BC15NY wrote:
Rosie2167 wrote:18.3 will consist of one whole team and 25 other cards. I've started a thread for the team so here's my take on the other 25.

IN based on just missing from 18.2
Ron Gant 1990, BRV OF
Carlos Baerga** 1993 CLV 2B
Mike* Hampton 1999 HOU SP
RA Dickey 2012 NYM SP
Rich Aurilla 2001 GIA SS

Leaving us with 20 spots. In reviewing the cards added to date we have recently neglected 2B, zero added the last two runs. So lets allocate 5 spots to 2B and the remaining spots to pitchers and batters with a 5R+ or 5L+ balance. We've long bantered about platoon players but most of the time they fall short in the vote against the big boy cards, but we all know they have a significant place in ATG. So unless anyone has a huge issue with this direction (speak now), I'm suggesting we do the following...

5 cards listed above
1 team add of 25 cards
2B add of 5 cards
5R/L+ add of 15 cards

Thoughts?


Works for me. I'd like to see the platoon parameters set at 4L+/4R+ though.

Thanks,
Bill

Curious on your suggestion on the line being 4+. The perspective I used was the closer we get to E the bigger $$ the cards will probably be...and the less true platoon players will be vote in.
Next

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests