hey Rosie...

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

drfreeze49

hey Rosie...

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 6:56 pm

aren't you the keeper of the keys on new cards / our liaison so to speak...DO YOU TALK TO gARCIA EVER????HOW ABOUT A REALISTIC DELIVER DATE...it never feels each time

BC15NY

Re: hey Rosie...

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 7:19 pm

Rosie2167 wrote:
Chris Franco wrote:So. These would show up in ATG approximately when?

John from SOM posted a few weeks in his blog, historically its taken a bit longer than that so I'd say by the end of March. But I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised.

Here is what Rosie posted previously on the topic. Since the expectation was "by the end of March" and we aren't quite there yet, I'd cut him a break.

STEVE F

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 7:28 pm

I'm sure I'm not alone in that I haven't even looked at the ATG set since the 2017 set came out. (ducks) :o

drfreeze49

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 pm

BC15NY wrote:
Rosie2167 wrote:
Chris Franco wrote:So. These would show up in ATG approximately when?

John from SOM posted a few weeks in his blog, historically its taken a bit longer than that so I'd say by the end of March. But I'm always open to being pleasantly surprised.

Here is what Rosie posted previously on the topic. Since the expectation was "by the end of March" and we aren't quite there yet, I'd cut him a break.

I hear you but on Feb 16th Garcia said about two weeks its 5 weeks now...Always over promising and under delivering...shame really

Salty

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 9:11 pm

Ive stopped caring about this stuff, as Im sure a lot of others have.

We are now nearly 3 months behind the January add date--
and for anyone who thinks we are going to have some process of actually adding the pre-1900 cards- boy if they can't get the regular adds right- how do you think they are going to bother with that poor attempt to dismiss that idea?

So at this point-- just do whatever, thats how its going to be anyways, why fight it?

drfreeze49

PostThu Mar 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Salty wrote:Ive stopped caring about this stuff, as Im sure a lot of others have.

We are now nearly 3 months behind the January add date--
and for anyone who thinks we are going to have some process of actually adding the pre-1900 cards- boy if they can't get the regular adds right- how do you think they are going to bother with that poor attempt to dismiss that idea?

So at this point-- just do whatever, thats how its going to be anyways, why fight it?

agreed Salty....

visick

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 1:02 pm

When you come to expect nothing from them, it makes playing this game a hell of a lot easier.

ratioman2

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 2:17 pm

Expecting nothing is a very philosophical approach Visick. To paraphrase Buddhism, suffering is caused by desire. Suffering can be eliminated. Eliminate desire.

Rosie2167

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 2:37 pm

Hey guys - sorry I missed this string somehow. I do keep in regular contact with John at SOM but his responses do come and go at times. I've begun to see a pattern and its not surprising that their focus has been on the rollout of the 2017 set and the upcoming Daily set. I'm not sure why John felt they could deliver the 18.1 add in two weeks, he must've had some access to resources that quickly got reassigned.

From my perspective I don't get to wrapped up in these delays, I just see it as a journey that doesn't really have any set schedule but does end up producing decent results.

visick

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 5:19 pm

ratioman2...

I've come to use this philosophy with many things in my life.
I do admit, occasionally I've "caught" myself sorta expecting an end result. And I had to pause and re-check myself.

visick

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions