17.1 Card Add process COMPLETED

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

BC15NY

Re: 17.1 Card Add process-Group 2 done - onto Group 3

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 7:05 pm

andycummings65 wrote:I'm against either a rotating set or a continual sliding salary structure as well. Any recurring leagues would be difficult with either of those scenarios. If folks like rotating sets, the 20xx sets change each year.

Also, Strat created the Shuffle system which created a smaller and different customized player set each time, and hardly anyone plays them.

I agree completely. I have never seen a single league fill using one of those random sets. Strat will gladly create a customized sub-set of ATG8 for you if you provide the player list. I appreciate the access to as many players as possible. I'd like to see a card for every player with 5 or more seasons with MLB stats.

STEVE F

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 8:01 pm

I think the process is going very well. It's never going to be perfect because we all have different agendas.

nels52

PostSat Dec 17, 2016 8:49 pm

For clarification, most importantly, Rosie I mean no offense, just my analysis/perspective on what has been a quick rise to power by you. You have SOMs ear more than anybody and I was just griping about the ATG boards and I don't think it stimulates clicks with your "Results" thing sticking on top. No disrespect, but it's not the top of boards thang.

I would never recommend axing the game and its nice cozy awesome reckless teenager of a set. Always have ATG 8-9-10-etc. Just maybe create a set that idkidkidkidk ------> ADVERTISE like I said. there's no leagues to play in is the problem.

Don't want to fracture the group of gamers wer do have with more post/prewar shenanigans just really thinking they need to unify their player bases. PC version and online?

Biggest way I'd impose a "getting rid of guys" is by repricing, I've been calling for this for year and the lack of it is the biggest indication of this game's illness. Repricing would definitely change up the game----maybe to some people's dismay.

I'm always a proponent of the 3 mil dollar Bill Dorans and stuff a previous guy complained about. Which is why I'm a big advocate for an individual team being on the table, like the '03 Marlins.

LACEYBURNETTE

PostSun Dec 18, 2016 8:53 pm

I agree that for a casual player (like me), this is a complicated process. I would just like to say, can we have a Deacon White card?

Rosie2167

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 3:20 am

nels52 wrote:For clarification, most importantly, Rosie I mean no offense, just my analysis/perspective on what has been a quick rise to power by you. You have SOMs ear more than anybody and I was just griping about the ATG boards and I don't think it stimulates clicks with your "Results" thing sticking on top. No disrespect, but it's not the top of boards thang

Sorry my purple toga was stuck at the cleaners and I couldn't respond without it! :)

Good catch on the stickiness of the new card results string, I've posted so many polls in the ATG card discussion forum that I think I did that out of habit. Fixed now.

And for the record I've got thick skin so bring on the grumbles, I'd much rather have those than silence. I think its obvious by now that every turn in this process isn't without some flaw or could use some improvement, but I'd contend that it's better than what we had. Is it more complicated than the call for 40 nominations and then a quick vote? Hell yes, but I believe we're getting higher quality cards added.
R

BC15NY

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 12:54 pm

Rock on. When does the voting start on the role players list?

Thanks,
Bill

Rosie2167

PostMon Dec 19, 2016 2:23 pm

I'll post the voting by tomorrow. Holidays, quarter close and kids out of school are distracting me!

Any more feedback on the role player list before I do?

R

kunkel40

PostTue Dec 20, 2016 6:36 pm

How about the 2015 Wade Davis card or a Jose Altuve card. Would help out KC and Houston franchise sets.

nels52

PostFri Dec 23, 2016 1:28 am

Rock on Rosie. We've definitely gotten some supa great cards lately.
Previous

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions