Hitters

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

MICHAELCHIOLINO

Re: Hitters

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 5:57 pm

Walt Wilmot OF Chi 1894
Mark Grudzielanek 2B Mon 1997 (NL leader doubles)

The Last Druid

Hamilton

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Forgive me Sheik, but you don't know what you are talking about re Josh Hamilton. He is a 6th round pick or earlier in every 200M plus live draft and has starred on close to a dozen of my teams. The guy has an awesome card and he has been invaluable to me. And I would draft him at 100M in the right park. McCutcheon, unlike Puckett gets on base and has more power. He would get used far more than Puckett.

I'm all about usable cards, for example, I have no use for the Bill Buckner card we added or a potential Whitey Lockman card. But I was a big advocate of the latest Joost card that got voted in and it is used so often, I have never gotten him. :roll:

And every guy I advocated for who got in, and there were quite a few, I have used except Joost and Stennett. The latter only because of the 3 points of injury which I think was stretching it by SOM.

Here's a current Hamilton team of mine.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1439562
Last edited by The Last Druid on Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:57 am, edited 3 times in total.

andycummings65

PostTue Nov 01, 2016 11:07 pm

offtopic, Bruce you're up in ALT5

Radagast Brown

PostWed Nov 02, 2016 3:12 pm

I can almost guarantee that McCutchen would end up like Kirby Puckett on the island of misfit free agent CFers ;) A lot of these guys that are recommended NEVER get used - it's just a fact of life. A little more homework as to the value of the players CARD would be nice - case in point: Josh Hamilton. He got voted in and I've never seen him used because he is unusable against LHP. Usable cards would be a priority, I would think. Just my 2 cents

I agree with the points The Last Druid made in reply to the above quote.

How and why would you guarantee McCutchen would not get used? Did you feel this way about Mike Trout? Sure if his card was not priced right people would not use him, but why are you making that assumption about McCutchen and if you can make that assumption about him, why not about everyone? I just don't understand any of your argument here. It sounds like another very thin, not very well thought out excuse.

Rosie2167

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 8:31 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:
I can almost guarantee that McCutchen would end up like Kirby Puckett on the island of misfit free agent CFers ;) A lot of these guys that are recommended NEVER get used - it's just a fact of life. A little more homework as to the value of the players CARD would be nice - case in point: Josh Hamilton. He got voted in and I've never seen him used because he is unusable against LHP. Usable cards would be a priority, I would think. Just my 2 cents

I agree with the points The Last Druid made in reply to the above quote.

How and why would you guarantee McCutchen would not get used? Did you feel this way about Mike Trout? Sure if his card was not priced right people would not use him, but why are you making that assumption about McCutchen and if you can make that assumption about him, why not about everyone? I just don't understand any of your argument here. It sounds like another very thin, not very well thought out excuse.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, especially when it comes to discussing which cards to add or not. Let's keep the comments to your opinions and debates regarding the validity of cards, but please refrain from what comes across as an attack on someone. IMO there's just no reason for it.

tks
Rosie

BC15NY

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 8:42 pm

I'd definitely like to see Strat adjust that injury rating on Rennie Stennett...would be a nice card as a 2-inj. Haven't seen it used yet as-is...

Rosie2167

PostThu Nov 03, 2016 9:41 pm

well he did break his leg that season.

BC15NY

PostFri Nov 04, 2016 10:40 am

True. Still had almost 500 pa though...

tmatthews

PostFri Nov 04, 2016 4:57 pm

Sheikyerboudi wrote:I can almost guarantee that McCutchen would end up like Kirby Puckett on the island of misfit free agent CFers ;) A lot of these guys that are recommended NEVER get used - it's just a fact of life. A little more homework as to the value of the players CARD would be nice - case in point: Josh Hamilton. He got voted in and I've never seen him used because he is unusable against LHP. Usable cards would be a priority, I would think. Just my 2 cents.

- The Sheik

I combined the "unusable" Josh Hamilton in a platoon with the maybe unusable Ellis Burks on my way to winning a recent championship. Sure, it was a high salary cap league where platoon strategies work well. And the park was the Kingdome. Hamilton's slash line was .309/.347/.579. Burk's was .310/.350/.552. Nice platoon, IMHO. My team's slash overall line was .293/.364/.566. I think they fit in just fine.

Having cards that enable different strategies, such as platoons, is a good thing. I have successfully used platoon’s in leagues form $60-$200M.

tapout632

PostFri Nov 11, 2016 2:47 pm

Surprised that 96 Todd Hundley doesn't come up.
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions