Poll results and next step

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Rosie2167

Poll results and next step

PostSun Jul 10, 2016 2:28 pm

Ok so I'm batting .500 in the poll department with a huge assist from bontomn.

Poll 1 did give us direction:
Should this ATG card add be predominately focused on players with zero cards in the ATG set?
Yes, let's target mostly players that aren't represented = 9
No, Best cards missing regardless of the number of cards those players have = 3
No, but definitely focus on players with less than 3 cards = 14
Don't care = 1

So these nominations will be overwhelmingly for players with 2 or less cards in the set. Only exception will be if a guy is just so misrepresented across his current 3 or 4 cards, then maybe we included him and let the vote decide.

Poll 2 was terrible in terms of providing direction...or it was brilliant and shows us the true desires of the community. LOL
Anyway... What should the focus be for this ATG Card add?
FRANCHISES = 18
All ERAs = 7
EXPANSION ERA = 6
POST WAR ERA = 3
PRE WAR ERA = 2
DEAD BALL ERA = 3
ALL ERAs with a FRANCHISE TILT = 10
I don't care just add some cards! = 9

So technically that's 31 votes that include some kind of ERA focus and 28 votes for some kind of Franchise focus. We can accomplish both so let's power forward looking for guys that fill ERA holes and providing impact to their Franchises.

When putting forward your nominations follow closely the 2 or less cards and lean toward the best cards missing that help franchises across ERA's, with the final tie-breaker being the Expansion ERA.

OK so what next?
Ambassadors please start posting your nominee's to the Nomination Status Updates forum in the following format...
POST THEM BY YOUR RANK, PLAYER, YEAR, FRANCHISE, CURRENT CARDS in ATG and a few very BRIEF words about why this guy. Like this...
1. Ueker 1966, PHI, 1, needs a phi card bad :lol:

I'll collect and manage the list and repost it frequently. This will not be on a first come basis, nominations will be open to accommodate all ERA's and Franchises...as long as there is not much delay. Remember this step doesn't have to be precise as the community vote will dictate the adds. We'll post the vote this week, the exact day will be determined by the cadence of the ambassador nominations.

Thanks
Rosie

andycummings65

Re: Poll results and next step

PostSun Jul 10, 2016 2:40 pm

Rosie, how many nominations per Franchise/Era? I know there are more needs than this addition can fill. I would hope that nominations that don't move forward in this voting process would move to the top of the line next time. Do you want 4 per franchise? 5? 3?

andycummings65

PostSun Jul 10, 2016 2:49 pm

FOUR from each franchise would give us 120 cards. Then add FOUR from Eras to give 136?

Rosie2167

PostSun Jul 10, 2016 3:26 pm

andycummings65 wrote:FOUR from each franchise would give us 120 cards. Then add FOUR from Eras to give 136?

Thats a good start, then we'll pair it down from there or trade out a few guys from a more needed era or franchise.

The Last Druid

PostSun Jul 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Here is what I would like to see happen with the nominations. End up with a list of 100 nominees and each ATG player gets to vote for 50.

I would like to come up with a list of 40 era based nominations, 10 per era.

There will no doubt be some duplication with cards nominated by ambassadors for the various teams. I am assuming we can then get a list of 60 team nominees plus more team nominees to replace the duplicate cards nominated by both era ambassadors and team ambassadors. I'm guessing that it will end up with something like 20 era only nominees that don't get nominated by a team and then about 80 nominations coming from teams.

This should be fairly easy to manage without getting too unwieldy. I would caution against trying to add a fixed number of players for every franchise, as some franchises are already well stocked and some desperately need more cards.

Just my two cents.

BC15NY

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 12:05 am

Will there be any focus towards getting a few Rays cards in the set? (We have ONE card currently)
Left to a community-wide vote (which is preferred generally) we may get shutout again...

Thanks,
Bill

Rosie2167

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 2:39 pm

BC15NY wrote:Will there be any focus towards getting a few Rays cards in the set? (We have ONE card currently)
Left to a community-wide vote (which is preferred generally) we may get shutout again...

Thanks,
Bill

There isn't any specific campaign to target any franchise, but the Rays do have some solid options that seem to be good usable cards in many ATG caps. Based on how this process and vote turns out we very well could choose to target franchises in future adds.

STEVE F

PostMon Jul 11, 2016 5:33 pm

A lot of great suggestions. Now let's get a poll up and get to the voting so we can have some cards! :D

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions