New Guideline Proposed as of 7/12, review bottom of 1st post

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Rosie2167

New Guideline Proposed as of 7/12, review bottom of 1st post

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 pm

As some of you have started to do get posting those guys you think are worthy of the 50 adds. Its the Ambassadors job to moderate the debates, keep track of any new adds, rank the players and hopefully get consensus on which cards to nominate for the final vote. I think we should target 100 to get our 50 but that's not a firm number.

I'll have a few more todo's for the ambassadors as this thing matures...more on those soon.

NEW note below:
In addition to Andy seeding all the Franchise posts with players ranked high from Bill's list (thanks a ton Andy!) I've copied Bill's spreadsheets and made a few minor edits to allow for sorting, added a few columns, changed the dark blue to a shade lighter as I couldn't see the text with my old eyes and added a key to Bill's acronyms and color coding. I want to give every Ambassador editing access to my version of this master sheet (I'll make back up copies periodically)...so if you're an Ambassador either PM me your email address or request editing rights in the google sheet.

Hitters
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

Pitchers
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

It would be great if an Ambassador from each Franchise could do the following after sorting for your Franchise...
1. Fill in the 'Cards in ATG' column, (for future reference)
2. Fill in the Rank per the color coding in the first Row. (I've done some of them but many hands make the work go faster!)
3. Use this list to add (Please don't ever delete guys!) potential nominees. For those guys chosen to move up into ATG we'll use the Notes column to congratulate them with a big fat IN ATG as of...
4. Feel free to use the Notes section to jot down tidbits of interest

Ultimately it would be cool to have this sheet be our living repository of players and their rankings.

The faster we run now the sooner we get the cards. Ambassadors start prodding the debates, I'll start another post where you can give me the heads up that you're ready with your nominations.

Thanks again for all of you jumping in!
Rosie

NEW PROPOSAL AS OF 7/12****
Obviously there are soooo many worthy cards to add, with that understanding here's my proposal.

For each 50 card add we shall max out nominations for the most recent years as follows:
Current yr -1 = Max 1 nomination
Current yr -2 = Max 2 nominations
Current yr -3 = Max 3 nominations
Current yr -4 = Max 4 nominations
Current yr -5 = No Limit to the nominations

For example...it's 2016 so any Card Add this calendar year shall include Max 1 nomination from 2015, Max 2 from 2014, Max 3 from 2013 and Max 4 from 2012. What I think we need to protect against is leaving very deserving older cards on the outside looking in as the most recent and somewhat shinier Harpers and Trouts get voted in. Currently we have 3 nominations pending for 2015, Harper, Goldschmidt and Cespedes. Too many in my opinion...don't get me wrong, Harper's 2015 was epic and deserving, but that should be the exception and not the norm. I'd actually like to be even more restrictive but I don't want to see overbearing here. For the smaller 25 card adds we'd need to adjust the matrix accordingly.

As always open to opinions and suggestions.
tks
Rosie

andycummings65

Re: Protocol for Franchise and ERA discussions

PostThu Jul 07, 2016 2:51 pm

Addition ideas I made come straight from Bill's (George Barnard) painstaking work of compiling nominations from the Community for years, holding Community votes and chronicling it all for us.

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions