Class of 17.2 ATG Card Add

Discussion for new cards to add; moderated by Rosie2167

Moderator: BC15NY

• Author

Salty

Re: Class of 17.2 ATG Card Add

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 4:03 pm

oh,
and for those people who didnt seem to get why I kept saying a bunch of these cards will not get used much...
:roll: :roll: :roll:
next time lets skip the unnecessary drama.

BC15NY

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 8:26 pm

People play this game for a lot of different reasons and some us appreciate having players to use from favorite teams and certain eras etc. A lot of us also play at various caps where many players the 140m and up only crowd will seldom if ever use.

Until you see what a card has been priced at you really can't say if it will have much value or not. As for the Figgins card, I think you can't really have a beef, because the tourney winner picked it, rather than it being voted in. If you don't like the winners picks, then win the tournament yourself next time.

As for trying to string folks up for their nominations, I would suggest taking into consideration that enough people had to vote for the card to get it added, so it wasn't just one person's wish to have a particular card added.

Strat has been adding cards every 3 months since Rosie got the ball rolling a while back.

STEVE F

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 8:43 pm

visick wrote:As a side note...

What's with Stargell?

In the 70's game, he's a 3(-4) in LF and RF. Plus he plays 1B.

Now he's a 4?

Baseball Reference shows he ONLY played LF in 1973. I'm "fine" with only a LF rating. But I was expecting a 3.

73 Stargell was always a 4e16 -4 (just looked at my card)

Sheikyerboudi

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 9:55 pm

Mr Baseball World wrote:Figgins will be on more teams than Vernon Wells. :P

I'll even go further - he may be the most used player from the new add!!! Everyone bitched and complained about having any good bench guys being added and there was a lot of sh_t talking about Figgins even being nominated , but Figgins will be in all but extremely high cap leagues. I can't believe that some of these cards were even checked out before being nominated - the Maris card is a prime example, he already had a better Yankee card. Same with Duke Snider - great, now he has a platoon card!! We now have a SOM card app with practically every card's info available to make better decisions about card adds. Just my 2 centavos.......

- The Sheik

Salty

PostThu Jun 29, 2017 11:30 pm

BC15NY wrote:People play this game for a lot of different reasons and some us appreciate having players to use from favorite teams and certain eras etc. A lot of us also play at various caps where many players the 140m and up only crowd will seldom if ever use.

Until you see what a card has been priced at you really can't say if it will have much value or not. As for the Figgins card, I think you can't really have a beef, because the tourney winner picked it, rather than it being voted in. If you don't like the winners picks, then win the tournament yourself next time.

As for trying to string folks up for their nominations, I would suggest taking into consideration that enough people had to vote for the card to get it added, so it wasn't just one person's wish to have a particular card added.

Strat has been adding cards every 3 months since Rosie got the ball rolling a while back.

unless your premise is that you are hoping some cards for which we already have a similar player is now going to be underpriced so that it has value, then you are incorrect.

Ill leave the other stuff alone even though every 3 months must mean something different to different people.

BC15NY

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 7:58 am

[/quote]

unless your premise is that you are hoping some cards for which we already have a similar player is now going to be underpriced so that it has value, then you are incorrect.

Ill leave the other stuff alone even though every 3 months must mean something different to different people.[/quote]

The difference is that many of us care about the name on the card, regardless of the cards uniqueness. So, while Carlos Pena may be just another HR-hitting LH 1b to you, he is a meaningful player addition to me, that I will definitely use on my teams.

Another difference is that I acknowledge there are other players who play this game differently than I do and just want expensive cards that they can use at 200m and up, and who could care less about the name on the card.

I hope you get your 25 stud player add this round. How about some additional ideas for stud players beyond Robinson Cano?

Salty

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 8:39 am

BC15NY wrote:

The difference is that many of us care about the name on the card, regardless of the cards uniqueness. So, while Carlos Pena may be just another HR-hitting LH 1b to you, he is a meaningful player addition to me, that I will definitely use on my teams.

Another difference is that I acknowledge there are other players who play this game differently than I do and just want expensive cards that they can use at 200m and up, and who could care less about the name on the card.

I hope you get your 25 stud player add this round. How about some additional ideas for stud players beyond Robinson Cano?[/quote]

1. You are now incorrectly pivoting on your argument-- the point is not players we like or not, its whose cards are going to get used. You can nominate 100 Bob Uekers for example-- what good is it if hes hardly used??? :roll:

2. I didnt realize this was some bizarre contest of acknowledgement, also this is completely persumptive and wrong.

3. There have already been plenty of stud players mentioned by various people on these threads which Ive pointed out repeatedly. :roll:

PS-- will you still be spending 7 mil on Carlos Pena when it finally dawns on you that hes gonna hit sub .200 most of the time?

Mr Baseball World

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 10:48 am

I looked at the thread of high cap suggestions. Carlos Pena was on it.

BC15NY

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 11:02 am

The problem is we are nominating and voting on cards without any idea what the price is going to be set at.

Sure I would have liked to see Longoria (added previously), Pena and Crawford all priced at under 6m, but I will still use the cards on some of my teams.

I am starting to understand why many people stay off of these boards altogether...

Salty

PostFri Jun 30, 2017 1:39 pm

Mr Baseball World wrote:I looked at the thread of high cap suggestions. Carlos Pena was on it.

And?

Ive already stated that guys whose obp is made up of a lot of walks are going to consistently under perform.

Here is a thread on the ATG forum about the cards that might help to understand why folks aren't making much sense...

http://forum.365.strat-o-matic.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=642516&p=5637931&sid=b756a1c86651ca7a46f1e532d341e0e6&sid=b756a1c86651ca7a46f1e532d341e0e6#p5637931
PreviousNext

Return to --- ATG Card Discussions