How is few at bats factored into cards?

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

davidjaredklein

How is few at bats factored into cards?

PostSun Jun 27, 2021 2:18 pm

I have a question about some players. Generally speaking, how does SOM handle players that have really good stats but very few appearances? If a guy is hitting .350 but only 20 plate appearances, his card should not equal an everyday .350 hitter but how is that accounted for?
Similarly, a pitcher with a really low ERA and WHIP but only 10 innings-I don’t know if I should look at those guys or not.
I am looking at a number of free agents but not sure how to evaluate those kind of players

Thanks.

ggyuppie

Re: How is few at bats factored into cards?

PostTue Jul 13, 2021 10:39 am

Hey David,

In my experience, when a position player is called up, if he has no or very little MLB experience, his card will be pretty generic until he gets to around 40-50 real life AB’s, and then it will start to change to reflect how’s he going in real life. And I think he’s likely to have 3 or 4 range in the field as well. And his Strat salary will be low. In the case of a veteran, who let’s say is injured to start the season, when he comes up he will get a card that will already reflect his “reputation” and so too will his Strat salary.

For pitchers it’s similar. A SP probably needs 4 starts or so before the card will change, and a RP, I’m not sure how many appearances, maybe 6 or more.

Mary14520

Re: How is few at bats factored into cards?

PostWed Jul 28, 2021 7:50 am

davidjaredklein wrote:I have a question about some players. Generally speaking, how does SOM handle players that have really good stats but very few appearances? If a guy is hitting .350 but only 20 plate appearances, his card should not equal an everyday .350 hitter but how is that accounted for?
Similarly, a pitcher with a really low ERA and WHIP but only 10 innings-I don’t know if I should look at those guys or not.
I am looking at a number of free agents but not sure how to evaluate those kind of players
www.navyarmyccu.com
Thanks.

kInd of creepy but kind of cute too and perfect for Halloween! Vampire bite cupcakes! Dream a Little Bigger | DIY Crafts, Crochet and Homemaking Ideas.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily