Trying to understand daily

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

davidjaredklein

Trying to understand daily

PostSun May 16, 2021 9:31 pm

Please help my understanding here - I’m new to daily:

Mike Trout : daily salary 12.64 (set before season) currently hitting .336 (real life - in his daily card history).
Mike Trout 2020 imagined card set : salary 11.14
Mike Trout 2020 actual card set: salary 9.55

I would have thought that Mike Trout's salary in the daily game would be either 11.14 or 9.55 (complications of covid shortened season). Wouldn't his salary reflect where his card was at the beginning of the season (.281 ba actual or .286 ba imagined). Why is it so much higher if the salary doesn't change - just the card changes?

Thanks.

jjii66

Re: Trying to understand daily

PostMon May 17, 2021 9:00 am

When they made Trout's card to begin this season, it wasn't identical to either of his 2020 cards. It was slightly better. (I think they base the early cards more on projected stats, otherwise it would be hard to price them accordingly.)

N Texas Widowmakers

Re: Trying to understand daily

PostThu May 27, 2021 2:27 pm

From the rules of the daily game:

Cards will change based on players’ recent results, their season stats, projected stats, and how far through the MLB season is. Since time is a factor, cards may change even when the player doesn’t play. Injured players, a player sent to the minors, or a player who just has a day off will likely see their card change. Players who are no longer on a team’s 40-man roster will have their last card from when they were on the 40-man roster copied forward every day until they go back on a 40-man roster.
Cards are initially based heavily on projections. Current season stats and recent performance (hot/cold) get added in as well but how many PA/IP they have and at what point of the season it is also makes a difference.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily