Max Scherzer in the Daily Game

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

martyball98

Max Scherzer in the Daily Game

PostWed May 01, 2019 2:34 pm

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC ERA
4 14 13 13 3 3 1 122 19.50

I do have him set for a slow hook, but isn't this kind of ridiculous?
IRL Max goes until there's nothing left in the tank and won't come out of a close game. But I'd have lifted him trailing 5-0 after 2.
I don't want to bail on him at the first sign of trouble, but I sure don't want this to happen again.

Radagast Brown

Re: Max Scherzer in the Daily Game

PostWed May 08, 2019 3:24 pm

Is there a question in there somewhere? You do realize he is facing much better lineups than in real life, right? Also 4 innings is a pretty miniscule sample size. And lastly,is Sherzer even doing well in real life this year?

ScumbyJr

PostMon May 13, 2019 10:36 am

Can't tell anything without link to analyze

martyball98

PostWed May 15, 2019 8:46 am

Apologies. Here is the link: https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/439810/31
Yes, I am aware that he is facing stronger lineups than IRL. That's probably one reason why he is under performing in my league.
My question is: What setting(s) can I use to have him pulled if he's clearly getting list up like this, yet allow him to pitch his way out of trouble?
I have him set for a slow hook, but I believe any competent manger would have pulled him after two, trailing 5-0, instead of allowing him to go through the third and come back for the fourth with absolutely nothing left in the tank.
I appreciate any helpful advice.

ScumbyJr

PostWed May 15, 2019 2:57 pm

martyball98 wrote:Apologies. Here is the link: https://365.strat-o-matic.com/game/439810/31
Yes, I am aware that he is facing stronger lineups than IRL. That's probably one reason why he is under performing in my league.
My question is: What setting(s) can I use to have him pulled if he's clearly getting list up like this, yet allow him to pitch his way out of trouble?
I have him set for a slow hook, but I believe any competent manger would have pulled him after two, trailing 5-0, instead of allowing him to go through the third and come back for the fourth with absolutely nothing left in the tank.
I appreciate any helpful advice.

Radagast Brown and I in the same league with you so we can't comment further.
If you are considering trading Scherzer let me know.

martyball98

PostThu May 16, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks for noting that. Doubt I'll trade him.
Your team gets to see Max in person tonight. Hope he's on.
Good luck!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily