Fairly New Here, just trying to learn...

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

Nathan's Famous

Fairly New Here, just trying to learn...

PostWed Aug 22, 2018 12:09 pm

Michael Conforto has a terrible SOM reputation as a lefty hitter vs. lefty pitching. His card is awful L vs L. Last night he goes 0 for 2 against Casey Stratton, a RHP, and then in the 8th hits a monster 3 run homer off Tony Watson, a LHP.

So this morning I look. His numbers dip against the LHPs but go up slightly against the RHPs. Makes no sense to me.

I actually see examples like this often, where guys are not "rewarded" for a good performance, yet other guys have mad swings with ho-hum performances.

Any ideas? (Like I thoought I was pretty smart last night grabbing FA Jeff McNeil at the end of the game after he went 4 for 4, and today his card has significantly changed.) That made sense to me. Conforto should have seen SOME uptick with that HR vs LHP, no?

jjii66

Re: Fairly New Here, just trying to learn...

PostThu Aug 23, 2018 6:08 pm

It's an inexact science for sure... I've seen much worse examples than the Conforto card, and so will you. But I've learned to take the bad with the good. It's a great game even with its flaws. Totally addictive.
I see what you're trying to do, and I've done it myself... I love the idea of beating everyone to the punch by snagging players at night, based on what I think their cards will look like the next day. But it's often disappointing. I had to learn to be patient and wait until I see the new cards with my own eyes. :)

strzepeksc

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 4:00 pm

I just discovered this game today and am interested in buying the windows on line version and joining a private on line league whereby the player cards are updated as the 2019 season progresses daily. Perhaps being able to pick a team with opening day 2019 roster set or through a draft. Which game do I buy, what is the cost, and what is the best manner to get started? I am currently a participant of the Out Of The Park Baseball sim and participate in online leagues. However, a game that updates players as the season progresses is exactly what I am looking for. Please advise: strzepeksc@gmail.com

ycbill

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 6:45 pm

A Baseball 365 season currently costs 1 credit for $19.99 or 5 for $79.99. This allows you the option of a 2019 Baseball Daily league, updating player cards as the real season progresses. The 162 game season is played over 2 months. Getting into a franchise league could be accomplished by following this board for signup opportunities or seeing what's available in the League Directory list. You can also take advantage of periodic credit sales to lower your costs. Credits can also be used for the non-Daily baseball leagues.

The Baseball Windows Game is a separate product which is not required for the online game described above. Cost starts at $42. Solo and league play are options, but I haven't done a league so will defer to others with more experience.

strzepeksc

PostWed Jan 30, 2019 11:15 pm

I am confused about the part that a 162 season is played in 2 months ? If players are updated daily a normal season in real life takes 6 months...…..so a 162 game season is only based on player's performances over a two moth period. Am I understanding this correctly ?

jjii66

PostThu Jan 31, 2019 1:34 pm

It is confusing, but you're understanding correctly. A Strat 365 season lasts 54 days, because you play a three-game series every night. So if you draft a team in early April, you'll be done by early June. Of course, you can draft another team (as many as you like, actually) anytime until August something... but it costs money for each team.
Now, don't be too disappointed... It's actually awesome! The cards will go through plenty of changes in those 54 days, and you'll find yourself making tons of transactions. It's very addictive. Also, I believe there's a 2-for-1 special when you first sign up. So for less than twenty bucks, you could play every day until July. By then, you'll know it's great, and you'll buy some more credits!

strzepeksc

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 1:11 pm

OKay…………..I think I will do that. But being new ……………...how do I join a league and get in on drafting players And at what point in the season do they start ?

jjii66

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 2:35 pm

I actually have no idea when the daily leagues open up; I've been meaning to ask that question myself.
But here is a link to the basics of the game. You'll need to create a Strat-O-Matic account.

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/help/rules/baseball

And a link to the league directory. Under "Set" you'll want "2019 Daily" (but of course there aren't any just yet.)

https://365.strat-o-matic.com/league/list

strzepeksc

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 3:55 pm

More "Newbie questions" Please be patient with me

1. Previous reply stated a cost of $19.99 to play the 2019 daily game
2. It shows on website a cost of $30
3. What is the difference between private leagues and regular
4. So, if I pay the $30 it will give me the option to join a 2019 private league or normal league for just 2 months of the season ? And if I want to continue on for a full 162 game season with off season play how much more does that cost me ?
5. What happens if a league does not fill up? And it looks like most leagues are only 12 teams, some 24 ? Is that the maximum # of teams allowed ?

I am sure more questions will follow as I try and learn how to read player card ratings and additional rules for play.

thanks in advance

Steve strzepeksc@gmail.com

email provided in case some one is starting a private 2019 daily league and willing to invite a "newbie" to a league

ycbill

PostFri Feb 01, 2019 5:21 pm

strzepeksc wrote:More "Newbie questions" Please be patient with me

1. Previous reply stated a cost of $19.99 to play the 2019 daily game
2. It shows on website a cost of $30
3. What is the difference between private leagues and regular
4. So, if I pay the $30 it will give me the option to join a 2019 private league or normal league for just 2 months of the season ? And if I want to continue on for a full 162 game season with off season play how much more does that cost me ?
5. What happens if a league does not fill up? And it looks like most leagues are only 12 teams, some 24 ? Is that the maximum # of teams allowed ?

1. Correct
2. $30? Is that US dollars?
3. Private leagues are created by individuals who can restrict entry by use of a password. Regular leagues can be created by individuals or automatically by Strat company.
4. 1 credit buys you 1 team with 162 games played over 54 days, plus playoffs for the top teams. Each additional team costs 1 credit.
5. Leagues that don't fill can be left by any team before the draft occurs, with the credit returned to your account. 6, 12, and 24 are the number of teams I have seen in leagues.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily