Is this fair?

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

Nathan's Famous

Is this fair?

PostMon Aug 06, 2018 11:08 pm

This is my third "full season" in S-O-M and I enjoy it a lot. I do, however think cheating sucks, and there's been a big manipulation within our league this season and I have no idea if you knew and/or cared, and if it is a practice that others use.

106 wins for a single team is quite an accomplishment, but this team had a particular strategy that circumvented the rules. 34 times they did not have an eligible starting pitcher, because they continually picked up injured Free Agent starters and never dropped the ones they had. Consequently 34 times they started pitchers who were deemed exclusively as relievers in this league and those relievers went 14-3 (with 17 no decisions)

Neal Ramirez 6 starts - 5 wins 0 losses
Joakim Soria 6 starts - 2-1
Chaz Roe 4 starts - 1-1
Joe Jiminez 4 starts - 2-0
Chris Devenski 3 starts 1-0
Matt Magill 3 starts 1-1
Edgar Sanatana 2 starts 1-0
Joe Smith 2 starts 0-0
Brandon Workman 2 starts 0-0
Kirby Yates 1 start 1-0
Blake Treinen 1 start 0-0

What say you?

N Texas Widowmakers

Re: Is this fair?

PostTue Aug 07, 2018 2:53 pm

I've seen the same tactic used in the daily game. I don't think it's fair either. I also notice that the managers who use this strategy only carry the minimum 5 starters with several or all having injury ratings of 6. They draft their staff hoping for injuries in my opinion to beat the system. Strat O Matic should insist that every team has 5 healthy starters at the start of every series.

My two cents.

lexomatic

Re: Is this fair?

PostWed Apr 10, 2019 10:29 pm

I have a different question about fairness for a daily league in preseason where I think there was collusion in a trade, or one player with multiple accounts. There' was a highly suspect trade where the teams feel stacked. Currently in pre-season.
Who do I tell to review?

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily