Game 140ish change in transactions, more

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

zcn

Game 140ish change in transactions, more

PostWed May 30, 2018 7:04 pm

I'm still relatively new to the daily game, and I'm still trying to figure out what happens once I get to Game 140ish. I understand that I can no longer add/drop players nor make trades, but what else happens? Do the players' cards continue to change? And at what game number specifically does shift occur?

Thanks!

ggyuppie

Re: Game 140ish change in transactions, more

PostWed May 30, 2018 11:00 pm

After game 142, no further roster changes are possible. But the cards definitely DO continue to change. So, running up to the deadline, you really need to consider the possibility that some of your cards may degrade (or you might suffer injuries) into the home stretch, and into the playoffs, if your team makes it.

hotcorner4444

Re: Game 140ish change in transactions, more

PostTue Jun 05, 2018 11:12 am

I have suggested, with no success, that this rule be removed from the Daily game.

One reason is that the ever-changing nature of the cards in regard to actual injuries can cripple a team at the most important time of the year. The rule could be changed to not allow TRADES, but still allow for dropping and adding, just as is done in actual MLB reality. At a time when MLB teams expand rosters, we can find ourselves short players.

A second suggestion applies specifically to franchise leagues. Since a manager "owns" specific players not on the active roster, he should be able to call them up before the playoffs to replace injured or under-performing players. This would also apply to leagues where each manager owns an entire division from which he could select replacement players.

In any case, no player moves would be allowed once the playoffs begin.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily