Legacy Franchise + 26 Keeper League - 2019 Season is Coming

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

ggyuppie

Re: New Keeper League Starting (Using the Daily Game)

PostMon Apr 09, 2018 1:30 am

jmtosi wrote:weird no one responding in 6 hours to your randomizer request in ATG thread....

I was surprised how long it took too. Ultimately, we did get our string. I will start a new thread in ILC and post draft order.

LET’S ROCK!

jmtosi

Re: New Keeper League Starting (Using the Daily Game)

PostMon Apr 09, 2018 4:55 pm

does the new guy know he's up and where to find the draft? I bumped it this morning and it's already almost off the front page
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

BC15NY

Re: New Daily Game Keeper League Is Looking For One Manager!

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 1:20 pm

I'll join as the Cubs if the spot is still open.

Thanks,
Bill

RICHARDGAGNON

Re: New Daily Game Keeper League Is Full!

PostThu Apr 12, 2018 2:23 pm

BC15NY YOU CAN FOLLOW THE DRAFT ON INDIVIDUAL LEAGUE IN: GG DAILY FRANCHISE KEEPER LEAGUE CHAT

jmtosi

Combining rules and putting in an easier place to find

PostSat Apr 14, 2018 12:17 am

Daily Game “Legacy Franchise Plus 26” Keeper League[/color][/size]

A 12 team league using the Daily Card Set, playing two seasons per year. Season (A) begins as close to mid-April as possible and Season (B) begins mid-July.

SEASON ONE (A) SET UP

Randomized franchise draft order, each owner chooses a legacy franchise.
This will be your team name, and you must always use your team’s current park.
You will keep your franchise for as long as you want it.
Players carded to your franchise “franchise players (FP’s)” as of the Friday before the beginning of each of our seasons belong to you for the duration of that season.

Each team will draft 26 additional players “Unaffiliated Free Agents (UFA’s)” from the remaining pool of 18 unaffiliated franchises. For our initial draft, all players selected must either be carded in Strat’s 2017 Unleashed or 2018 Daily set...no prospects.

Your 26 UFA’s belong to your team throughout our season, regardless of whether they are rostered and whether they are traded in real life. No other Free Agents will be eligible to any team...however any new player cards which come up under any of the 12 league franchises during the season(s) are immediately available to their respective teams.

Draft Order
Rounds 1 and 2 are 24 picks as follows: 12,11,10,9,8,7,12,6,11,5,10,4,9,3,8,2,7,1,6,5,4,3,2,1
Rounds 3 is 12-1, but each team takes 2 players
Rounds 4 is 1-12 and each team takes 2 players
Rounds 5–13 serpentine, two players per team each round

TRADES
Legacy franchise players can never be traded.
UFA’s can be traded any time, as can draft picks.

BETWEEN SEASONS A & B EACH YEAR

Real Life Player Movement (applies to every season to follow):
Any player who was traded to one of the 12 legacy franchises in the intervening time period goes to that franchise; no compensation is provided.

Any player traded from a legacy franchise to an unaffiliated franchise can be retained by that team as an unaffiliated keeper prior to season B (see immediately below). If not so claimed, that player will become a free agent for the next FA claiming draft.

16 Keepers Per Team
Each team will claim 16 keepers from their 26 UFA’s. The rest go back into the FA pool. We will then have a FA claiming draft, each round is 12-1 by regular season record. Rounds 1 and 2 are one player per team. Rounds 3-6 are 2 players per team.

In order to be eligible for the draft, a player must have a card in the current year Daily game card set at the time of the draft. No prospects. This will be the rule in every mid-year draft to follow.

PRE-SEASON (SPRING SEASON 2 & BEYOND)
We Move Progressively Through The Steps Below

1. LEGACY RELIEF - CHANGING YOUR FRANCHISE
Any owner who compiled a losing record across both seasons the previous year has the option of selecting a new legacy franchise (from the 18 unaffiliated). Order of exercising the option is reverse order of aggregate W/L record from previous season.

Effect on Unaffiliated Keepers
If a new legacy franchise is selected, all unaffiliated keepers which belong to the new legacy franchise go to that franchise. However, this time there will be compensation. For every player lost, an owner can claim a player of their choosing from the previous legacy franchise of the owner who made the change. At that time, we’ll look at the salary values in the previous season Strat card-set to determine priority - the higher the salary of the player you lose, the higher your priority for choosing your replacement player.

Example: Joe has the Angels. Joe has a bad year. Then in the offseason, the Angels make a couple roster moves which discourage Joe even more. He decides to dump the Angels for the San Diego Padres, who no one had previously chosen. Any Padres players which happen to be owned by any of the 12 teams in the league are now going to belong to Joe. But, every player who loses a Padre is going to pick up an Angel.

2. ANNUAL UFA SWAP (EQUALIZER)

Teams are ranked all by previous year W/L (across both seasons)

Teams 1-2 Claim 6 Keepers
Teams 3-4 Claim 7 Keepers
Teams 5-6 Claim 8 Keepers
Teams 7-8 Claim 9 Keepers
Teams 9-10 Claim 10 Keepers
Teams 11-12 Claim 12 Keepers

Then, we have a one-round FA claiming draft, from all unprotected unaffiliated players, from 12-1. Once a team loses a player, no other team can take a player from that team. Every team will lose one player and gain another.

3. FA CLAIMING DRAFT

12 Keepers Per Team
Each team will claim 12 keepers from their 26 UFA’s. The rest go back into the FA pool. We will then have a FA claiming draft, each round is 12-1 by previous year regular season record. Rounds 1 and 2 are one player per team. Rounds 3-8 are 2 players per team.

Players do not need to be carded to be chosen in the 2nd spring draft, and every spring draft thereafter...prospects are eligible.

Final Notes: We will run the league at a sufficiently high cap to allow teams to roster all their players, and make as many changes as they desire, probably $150MM. HOWEVER, if a player is added to your roster in-season, he must stay on the roster for at least 3 nights (9 games). If a player is demoted, he must stay off the roster at least 3 nights (9 games).

Season A will always be DH. Season A champion will have sole discretion on DH rule in Season B.

IMPORTANT INFO
PostFri Apr 13, 2018 2:09 pm

FROM THE DESK OF THE COMMISSIONER

When I organize franchise leagues I prefer to assign teams to divisions based on real life, rather than random. Having the Yanks out west, or the Angels in the east, blows. Unless I get vehement push back from close to half of you, these are the assignments.

EAST: Mets, Yanks, Red Sox & Nats
CENTRAL: Pirates, Cubs, Indians & Brewers
WEST: Dodgers, Angels, Astros and Rockies

It worked out perfectly based on the franchises selected.

Down the road, should an owner change franchises, we will look to appropriate fit.

FA DRAFT CLOCK

I'm hoping we'll get through rounds 1 and 2 (which are each 24 total picks and are in identical order) by the end of the weekend. Then, beginning with round 3 on Monday, we will impose a draft clock each day, with 60 minute increments, which makes the day run over 11 hours. This way we will complete one round each day and get done in a week and a half.

1st picks are due at 10 AM (All times Eastern)
2nd picks are due at 11 AM
3rd picks are due at Noon
4th picks are due at 1:00
5th picks are due at 2:00
6th picks are due at 3:00
7th picks are due at 4:00
8th picks are due at 5:00
9th picks are due at 6:00
10th picks are due at 7:00
11th picks are due at 8:00
12th picks are due at 9:00

If anyone ahead of you hasn't yet selected, your window opens at the deadline time of the guy ahead of you. If the deadline hits for the guy ahead of you and he hasn't picked, wait a couple minutes and then feel free to post your picks. If you miss the deadline, make your picks whenever you get around to it, but any players picked after your spots are gone baby gone.

I encourage each of you to connect with the guys picking before and after you, so you can text them as proxies if necessary. Feel free to put me, Jeff(Jabu) or Jay (jm) in the message too, if you want to be sure. We're all happy to share our cell #'s.
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

rynecrazy

Re: New Daily Game Keeper League Is Full!

PostWed Jul 04, 2018 6:41 pm

OK, I bumped it up.

What is next?

ggyuppie

Re: GG Daily Game Keeper League - Rules and More

PostMon Jan 14, 2019 1:43 pm

Here we are in the dead of winter. Which means the GG Daily Franchise + 26 Keeper will be starting up in a few months.

Just checking in to confirm everyone is returning, and to advertise one opening I know we have.

Here's the list of team owners. Please confirm your return in '19 in this thread.

ggyuppie - Washington - I'm here
jabuending - NY Yankees
jmtosi - NY Mets
BOSTON RED SOX - OPEN (can you believe it? Send me a message if you're interested in taking over this team)

drtripleb - Pittsburgh
BC15NY - Chicago Cubs (season 2018 B champs)
killermarc - Cleveland
cwitkowski - Milwaukee

dutchfarley - LA Angels (season 2018 A champs)
zcn - Colorado
rynecrazy - LA Dodgers
mrbaseballworld - Houston

BC15NY

Re: GG DailyGame Keeper League - Check in, 2019 Season is Co

PostTue Jan 15, 2019 11:42 am

I'm out for 2019.

Thanks,
Bill

jabuending

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 1:32 am

Can I have the Yankees & the Red Sox & the Cubs???

Anyway, I'm here for the Yanks.

Heading to Scottsdale on Wed. I'll be back in Chgo by the end of Feb.

Jeff

ggyuppie

PostMon Jan 28, 2019 12:11 pm

Jeff, indeed, you’ll just have to make do with the Yankees.

Your fate was sealed over the weekend, when the league office put its stamp of approval on new ownership applications for its Boston and Chicago franchises. As such, the league welcomes samh0711 and doug_tucker, who bring their vast experience and unlimited resources to the Red Sox and Cubs respectively.

As it happens, we still have one opening, the LA Angels.

TO PROSPECTIVE OWNERS: REPLY HERE OR MESSAGE ME IF YOU WANT IN. UNLIKE THE REAL WORLD, THE APPLICATION IS SHORT AND THE FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS ARE NON-EXISTENT. WE’RE JUST LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WITH GOOD HUMOR AND ABOVE AVERAGE STICK-WITH-IT-NESS.
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily