2018 Daily Game 2 1/2 Franchises League - FILLED

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

jmtosi

Re: 2018 Daily Game 2 1/2 Franchises League - DRAFTING

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

if it matters, I agree with you :)

On a more important note, when do the Dailies typically launch? Opening day or shortly thereafter? I wasn't paying attention last season.
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

ggyuppie

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 6:21 pm

Can’t be soon enough! I’m looking forward to this format. As I idly sit, I’ve been thinking about forming a Keeper League around the Daily game, a derivation of this concept, taken to the next level. My general concept is that 12 owners will each have one MLB “legacy” franchise, plus 25 players drafted from the 18 unaffiliated teams, and be limited to that throughout each of our seasons. And lots of bells and whistles and machinations between seasons, to keep things lively.

Interest?

drtripleb

PostTue Mar 27, 2018 10:01 pm

Sounds interesting. How many seasons you thinking?

ggyuppie

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 1:12 am

Open ended. Two seasons per year. Mid April and Mid July. You keep your franchise as long as you want it.

cwitkowski970

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 7:05 pm

I'd be interested in the keeper league.

dutchfarley

PostWed Mar 28, 2018 11:54 pm

I's do a keeper league.

Mr Baseball World

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 1:24 pm

I’m interested. One of my concerns is that certain franchises will be much better that the rest. High end players will tend to gravitate toward the Yankees Red Sox Dodgers. Lots of details to work out but very interested.

ggyuppie

Re: 2018 Daily Game 2 1/2 Franchises League - WAITING

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 6:35 pm

I’ve given thought to how to equalize opportunities for the managers who miss out on the Yanks, Astros, Dodgers, Nationals, Cubs et al. Here’s what I came up with...my intent is to have continuity, but also a format where anyone has a chance to be competitive, all with a somewhat involved process ahead of each season, since the drafting and team construction is a great part of this game.

TDG Legacy “Single Franchise Plus 26” Keeper League

Using the Daily Card Set, we’ll play two seasons per year, Season (A) begins mid-April and Season (B) begins mid-July

12 Team League

Recognizing that some franchises are likely to have a permanent advantage over others, there are equalizing elements built into the drafts etc. which occur before each season. This is probably going to seem overly complex, sorry for that, but that’s the engineer in me...I tried to cover every detail!

SEASON ONE (A) SET UP

Randomized franchise draft order.
Each owner chooses a legacy franchise.
This will be your team name, and you must always use your team’s current park.
You will keep your franchise for as long as you want it.

Players carded to your franchise as of the Friday before the beginning of each of our seasons belong to you for the duration of that season.

Each team will draft 26 additional players from the remaining pool of 18 unaffiliated franchises. For our initial draft, all players selected must either be carded in Strat’s 2017 Unleashed or 2018 Daily set...no prospects.

Your 26 unaffiliated players belong to your team throughout our season (A), regardless of whether they are rostered and whether they are traded in real life. Essentially, teams will be limited to (1) all players from their legacy franchise and (2) their 26 FA’s. No other FA’s will be eligible for the league that season...however any new player cards which come up under any of the 12 league franchises during the season(s) are immediately available to their respective teams.

Draft Order
Rounds 1 and 2 are 24 picks as follows: 12,11,10,9,8,7,12,6,11,5,10,4,9,3,8,2,7,1,6,5,4,3,2,1
Rounds 3 is 12-1, but each team takes 2 players
Rounds 4 is 1-12 and each team takes 2 players
Rounds 5–13 serpentine, two players per team each round

TRADES
Legacy franchise players can never be traded.
Unaffiliated FA’s can be traded any time, as can draft picks.

BETWEEN SEASONS A & B EACH YEAR

Real Life Player Movement: any player who was traded to one of the 12 legacy franchises in the intervening time period goes to that franchise; no compensation is provided.

Any player traded from a legacy franchise to an unaffiliated franchise can be retained by that team as an unaffiliated keeper prior to season B (see immediately below). If not so claimed, that player will become a free agent for the next FA claiming draft.

Unaffiliated Keepers - The Desired Dozen
Each team will claim 12 keepers from their unaffiliated 26. The rest go back into the FA pool. We will then have a FA claiming draft, each round is 12-1 by regular season record. Rounds 1 and 2 are one player per team. Rounds 3-8 are 2 players per team.

In order to be eligible, a player must have a card in the current year Daily game card set at the time of the draft. No prospects. This will be the rule in every mid-year draft to follow.

The wrinkle here is that there will likely be a handful of potentially impactful players who were not claimed before the first season started. The teams with the poorest records will have first dibs.

PRE-SEASON (SPRING SEASON 2 & BEYOND) - ESCALATE THE INTRIGUE!

Real Life Player Movement
Any player who went from any team to one of the 12 legacy franchises in the intervening time period goes to that franchise; no compensation is provided.

Any player who went from a legacy franchise to an unaffiliated franchise can be claimed by that franchise as an unaffiliated keeper prior to season A.

LEGACY RELIEF - CHANGING YOUR FRANCHISE
Any owner who compiled a losing record across both seasons the previous year has the option of selecting a new legacy franchise (from the 18 unaffiliated). Order of exercising the option is reverse order of aggregate W/L record from previous season.

Effect on Unaffiliated Keepers
If a new legacy franchise is selected, all unaffiliated keepers which belong to the new legacy franchise go to that franchise. However, this time there will be compensation. For every player lost, an owner can claim a player of their choosing from the previous legacy franchise of the owner who made the change. At that time, we’ll look at the salary values in the previous season Strat card-set to determine priority - the higher the salary of the player you lose, the higher your priority for choosing your replacement player.

Example: Joe has the Angels. Joe has a bad year. Then in the offseason, the Angels make a couple roster moves which discourage Joe even more. He decides to dump the Angels for the San Diego Padres, who no one had previously chosen. Any Padres players which happen to be owned by any of the 12 teams in the league are now going to belong to Joe. But, every player who loses a Padre is going to pick up an Angel.

Once we finish with any mechanizations resulting from Legacy Relief, we will begin our once-per-year equalizing

UNAFFILIATED PLAYER SWAP

Here’s the process:

Rank all 12 teams by combined previous year W/L

Teams 1-2 Claim 6 Keepers
Teams 3-4 Claim 7 Keepers
Teams 5-6 Claim 8 Keepers
Teams 7-8 Claim 9 Keepers
Teams 9-10 Claim 10 Keepers
Teams 11-12 Claim 12 Keepers

Then, we do a one-round FA claiming draft, from all unprotected unaffiliated players, from 12-1. Once a team loses a player, no other team can take a player from that team. Every team will lose one player and gain another.

Then, we proceed to our

FA CLAIMING DRAFT

Unaffiliated Keepers - The Desired Dozen
Each team will claim 12 keepers from their unaffiliated players. The rest go back into the FA pool, and we have another claiming draft. Order of draft is determined by regular season finish, as follows:

Round 1 and 2 are 12-1 each team takes 1 player
Round 3 is 12-1 and each team takes 2 players
Round 4 is 1-12 and each team takes 2 players
Round 5 is 12-1 and each team takes 2 players
Round 6 is 1-12 and each team takes 2 players
Round 7 is 12-1 and each team takes 2 players
Round 8 is 1-12 and each team takes 2 players

Players do not need to be carded to be chosen in the 2nd spring draft, and every spring draft thereafter...prospects are eligible.

jmtosi

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 6:52 pm

what will come first, me finishing reading the last post or the start of this 2.5 league....
Jay M. Commissioner of The Original Staten Island roto league

ggyuppie

PostThu Mar 29, 2018 7:38 pm

:lol:
PreviousNext

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily