How frequently do range ratings change? I saw Kiermeier's de

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

gbrookes

How frequently do range ratings change? I saw Kiermeier's de

PostTue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 pm

How frequently do range ratings change? I saw Kiermeier's defensive range rating go from a 1 to a 3 on Monday!

dutchfarley

Re: How frequently do range ratings change? I saw Kiermeier'

PostWed Jun 21, 2017 12:16 pm

It's a relatively new thing but it looks like they are reducing the fielding ratings by two for the players that go on the disabled list in real life. I've had it happen recently to Justin Turner who went from a 2 to a 4 at 3B and Zach Cozart who just went from a 1 to a 3 at ss. Turners defensive rating returned to a 2 once he got back from the disabled list.

It doesn't seem 100% consistent yet - as for example Mike Trout still has his 1 rating. But it may have to do with when they implemented this change and when the player went on the disabled list in real life .

Not sure what I think of this. Since you already kind of feel the affects of a players real life injury in your much greater chance to get injured in the game ( and possibly get stuck with the 60 day injury). But I'll roll with it .

The BC Manager

PostSun Jul 02, 2017 3:03 pm

So, Cozart's been off the DL for 2 games now and still has a 3 range rating. Should I expect him to go back to being a 1 at some point? He's not much use to me as a 3. Not sure what to do. Anyone have an idea what to expect?

dutchfarley

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 12:24 pm

Yeah - I think you'll see him go back to a 1. Someone else posted that the players injury ratings change on Monday's. So I'm assuming reverting back the defensive ratings will occur then as well . So maybe today.

The BC Manager

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 1:33 pm

Cozart's still a 3, with a 4 injury, despite being back for 3 days now.

DGF102052

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 2:10 pm

Not often enough. Do you want to really get upset. Go to the mlb website, check their fielding ratings (fielding pct and their range factor) and compare to som player ratings.

The BC Manager

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Well he was a 1, two weeks ago, then got injured. i'm not sure he suddenly lost his fielding ability while not playing.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 2:21 pm

DGF102052 wrote:Not often enough. Do you want to really get upset. Go to the mlb website, check their fielding ratings (fielding pct and their range factor) and compare to som player ratings.

SOM fielding ratings are subjective. Always have been. Never tied to any fielding statistics. Glen Head feels it is a differentiator, that they decide range based on their observations.

Mumford

PostThu Jul 06, 2017 12:16 pm

The BC Manager wrote:Well he was a 1, two weeks ago, then got injured. i'm not sure he suddenly lost his fielding ability while not playing.

Cozart back to a 1e19

dutchfarley

PostMon Jul 17, 2017 11:20 am

It would be great if they would remove Freddie Freeman's 6 injury rating. He was a 6 when he was on the DL ( correctly?) then dropped to a 1 when he came back ( correctly) . Then fluctuated between 3 and 6 during the MLB all star break ( Huh? ) and then now is back to a 6 ( Huh?). Have him sitting on the bench on my playoff bound team to avoid risking injury but need him to get back to a 1 sometime.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily