My lineups keep changing???

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

rwaltenburg

My lineups keep changing???

PostFri Jun 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Hello all...

I am in a Daily League with the Diamondbacks as my team. I find that my lineups keep changing from my defaults. Their has been no injuries to speak of and I'm not talking about PH or PR situations. I wouldn't be so worried, but my best hiiter batting 8 and all other kinds of craziness...

Any enlightening ideas would be much appreciated...

Thanks...

The Biomechanical Man

Re: My lineups keep changing???

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 9:09 am

Does your default lineup include any blank spaces in the starting lineup?

rwaltenburg

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 12:08 pm

No, all the spots are filled and most backups... I've seen the shifting of the lineups before mid series if an injury or two occurs, but I have been checking injury status and it doesn't make any sense...

Oh well, I'll just keep an eye on things and see if I can't come up with something...

Thanks

rwaltenburg

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 pm

OK, it happened again...

Facing pure Lefty pitcher...
My CF was injured and I had him leading off... The backup was listed and was on the roster, BUT the whole line up was changed... 1 to 9 hole, 3 hitter to leadoff, my non hitting catcher to the 3 hole, and more...

I'm just wondering if this is just a function of the game engine, and nothing to be done...

Thanks

stratfanatic

PostSat Jun 17, 2017 12:34 pm

rwaltenburg wrote:OK, it happened again...

My CF was injured and I had him leading off... The backup was listed and was on the roster, BUT the whole line up was changed... 1 to 9 hole, 3 hitter to leadoff, my non hitting catcher to the 3 hole, and more...

I'm just wondering if this is just a function of the game engine, and nothing to be done...

Thanks

Do you have any players listed under the "reverse" lineups because if you do, these lineups will be used for reverse pitchers

rwaltenburg

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 11:30 am

I have all the defaults completed along with backups... L,R,rL,rR

I'm assuming the injury occurred in game one or two of the 3 game set. I have a backup listed for all players in all pitching situations ( L,R,rL,rR). and assumed the backup would hit in that position, but it appears the game engine rearranged everything...

Exp. #1hitter is injured in game 2 and the backup player fills in in the same spot and all else being the same. Instead of the whole lineup is changed ...

Maybe their is nothing I can do to prevent this, but it sure mucks stuff up...

Thanks

BC15NY

PostSun Jun 18, 2017 2:45 pm

rwaltenburg wrote:OK, it happened again...

Thanks

An injury in the upper part of the order will result in HAL reshuffling the line-up to what it considers the optimum. To my knowledge this is true for all card sets, except for the mystery leagues.

rwaltenburg

PostMon Jun 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Thanks, that's what I figured... Kind of wish I could just live with the backup hitting in the original position... I can always adjust for the next series... I don't get HAL sometimes...

Thanks again all...

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily