Question

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

MARCPELLETIER

Question

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 5:09 pm

Hey folks, First-time Baseball Daily user here.

Quick question: How long do you think before Machado loses his ss-rating, provided that he never plays there in the 2017 season? Could it be never?

DGF102052

Re: Question

PostTue Apr 25, 2017 8:46 pm

SOM stated that players would not lose a position but another position may be added during the year.
That doesn't mean they wont change the defensive rating for the position that he is not currently playing.

Radagast Brown

PostTue May 09, 2017 12:25 pm

DG wrote:
SOM stated that players would not lose a position but another position may be added during the year.
That doesn't mean they wont change the defensive rating for the position that he is not currently playing.

I guess that only applies to position players. I drafted Chris Devenski who was listed as a SP5/RP3, and I used him as a starting pitcher until game 63 when all of a sudden he lost his SP rating and now can not start a game. What if they had changed him after game 141, what could I have done then? ......
Last edited by Radagast Brown on Tue May 09, 2017 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dutchfarley

PostTue May 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Radagast Brown wrote:DG wrote:

I guess that only applies to position players. I drafted Chris Devenski who was listed as a SP5/RP3, and I used him as a starting pitcher until game 63 when all of a sudden he lost his SP rating and now can not start a game. What if they had changed him after game 141, what could I have done then? ...... This stinks of a sore loser in our league complaining about Devenski, and if that is what happened I know just who did it. Without naming names, it was I. Strether.

All sorts of SP/RP lost their rating. I think it's a bit of a drag and unfair to do this mid-season particularly since there is no precedent for this. However I guess at this point I just want to make sure that is for sure a done deal . Some teams in leagues only have 3 starting pitchers left but it would stink at this point if someone made roster changes today and then tomorrow the Devinski's and Bradley's of the world get their starting rating back.

As a side note - I think the ability to use primary relievers as starters in the daily game ( even some who haven't spot started in the real MLB in over a year) is a loophole that should be fixed. But to implement it out of the blue like this is ridiculous. At least if there was a precedent for starter/Relievers losing their rating or the FAQ at least said that it was possible , than you could plan on using guys like Devinski as needed starters at your own risk.

Who could you really ask in the company to confirm that this is a done deal and maybe inquire as to the origins as to why the change. But more importantly why the change now- well into some seasons?

DGF102052

PostTue May 09, 2017 2:01 pm

SOM TECH SUPPORT HAS BEEN TOLDOF THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE WORKING ON RESOLVING THE PROBLEM AS I WRITE THIS MESSAGE

dutchfarley

PostTue May 09, 2017 2:04 pm

DGF102052 wrote:SOM TECH SUPPORT HAS BEEN TOLDOF THE PROBLEM. THEY ARE WORKING ON RESOLVING THE PROBLEM AS I WRITE THIS MESSAGE

Great. Thanks

DGF102052

PostTue May 09, 2017 2:50 pm

SOM TECH SUPPORT HAS FIXED THE PROBLEM

Radagast Brown

PostTue May 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Kudos to SOM!!! Cheers!

The BC Manager

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 1:37 pm

Devenski has lost his S rating again - now in the middle of my season. Should i contact tech support?

Smittyjosh7625

PostMon Jul 03, 2017 2:20 pm

Same with Bradley. I am entering playoffs tonight also.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily