SB Nation "Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 review"

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

ScumbyJr

SB Nation "Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 review"

PostWed Jun 15, 2016 11:06 am

Interesting independent review by SOM's apparent target - millennial fan of fantasy baseball

http://www.beyondtheboxscore.com/2016/6 ... 365-review

To be fair he only played a 6-team league 21-game free trial, but still it is telling.

"the combination of the cost and the fact that it just wasn’t differentiated enough from fantasy baseball is what really drove me away from recommending this product

Salty

Re: SB Nation "Strat-O-Matic Baseball 365 review"

PostFri Jun 17, 2016 11:07 am

you know the thing is that less people would mind the cost of the game if it functioned properly--
as I mentioned repeatedly the algorithm for the daily game is off and not by a small amount, not to mention that essentially
its still being beta tested on the customers dime.

It COULD be a cool a** game-- but its just not a finished product right now, and frankly we aren't seeing any responses from anyone that says they care about making it such.

hotcorner4444

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Well said, Salty...as always. You are a great voice for those of us who don't understand the game with the depth that you do, and a great advocate for rational AND REASONABLE action by the SOM powers.

Lukebarnes97

PostTue Jun 21, 2016 2:10 pm

I'm New to this game. This is actually my first post and I was pretty excited when I won my first 3 game series. This game is not for everyone. I have always been obsessed about stats but if that writer did not utilize all the features such as stealing and hit and run more often and what not, he wouldn't understand the small tweaks that make this game fun.

Fantasy Baseball is just plopping in a guy into a line up and looking up with Batter vs Pitcher page and calling it a day. With this format, I can make tweaks, customize my team to fit a methodology. Such as a built a pretty solid speed team on a big park and only spent average on pitching. However, my pitchers have qualities that I think would work in this field. I guess I will find out.

If I had to give advice, if you like stats and deep thinking baseball, this is it. If you want instant gratification then an Android app may be for you.

I hope the day comes they come up with a user friendly phone app that can manage everything. The webpage is not mobile friendly so I have difficulties looking up stuff in the pull-down menus.

Either way, I think it is a great. But if your going to do it, go all the way and actually learn the game and all the functions of it.
Milwaukee Braves & Brewers
Lukebarnes97
Beginner but improving

Radagast Brown

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Either way, I think it is a great.

I agree, I love the game, and if and when they make it better I will love it more. I can't even play the regular game for a while... I am also a huge fan of the Mystery Games which are very cool and give you the real GM / Manager experience.

Radagast Brown

PostThu Jun 23, 2016 3:08 pm

A lot of people do not like the fact that it deviates so heavily from the original game and the way things are determined are not detailed. They are not upset it is not more like Fantasy Baseball, they are upset it is not more like the original SOM game... I personally love it, but to each their own.

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily