Can we go back to BETA TESTING PLEASE

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

Salty

Can we go back to BETA TESTING PLEASE

PostWed May 18, 2016 12:01 pm

okay, no one says this game doesn't have the potential to be good- in fact it 'could' be really good.

BUT,

as it is now, there are a whole bunch of things that are really not working correctly,
not least of which is how the cards change based on a players stats.

BY THE TIME THEY HAVE HAD 100+ ABs, there is no reason their current card should not fairly accurately represent the season they are having and YET card after card ain't in the proverbial ballpark.

Please make the fixes NOT WHILE WE ARE PLAYING THE SEASON, but before the product is being purchased.

Thank you.

Radagast Brown

Re: Can we go back to BETA TESTING PLEASE

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 12:06 am

Sorry 'bout your luck but I think the horse has left the barn. Despite some issues the format is ingenious and definitely the best sports game ever invented.

ROBERTLATORRE

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 5:44 am

Salty wrote:okay, no one says this game doesn't have the potential to be good- in fact it 'could' be really good.

BUT,

as it is now, there are a whole bunch of things that are really not working correctly,

BY THE TIME THEY HAVE HAD 100+ ABs, there is no reason their current card should not fairly accurately represent the season they are having and YET card after card ain't in the proverbial ballpark.

Please make the fixes NOT WHILE WE ARE PLAYING THE SEASON, but before the product is being purchased.

Thank you.

Completely agree, but no ones listening

gbrookes

PostWed Jun 08, 2016 10:30 pm

I was one of the people doing the beta test - there were lots of us. The thing is, the beta test started midway through last baseball season. It seems to me that at that point the cards already looked more like the current year stats. The problem is that for all of us that (excitedly) started this daily strat season on real life opening day, the changes to the cards (to approximate real life performance), aren't coming nearly fast enough. So I completely agree with you.

The other problems with this first run of the game this year :

- the new injury rules don't work period, but really didn't work with the daily game. At least now they have a fix for that, and you can opt out of the new injury rules anyway. (I will be).

- at the moment there's a serious and as yet unresolved glitch in the (what would have been cool) new rules with extra rest days during playoff series. Last night, games 3 and 4 were supposed to run, but only game 3 ran. Game 4 is in limbo at the moment - scheduled but not played. Several of us have emailed strat, but have not received a reply. Game 5 is theoretically supposed to run tonight , but game 4 hasn't been played out yet.

Both the new injury rules as well as the new playoff rest rules are new, and we're not part of the beta test last year, for the daily game. As you have suggested, more beta testing is clearly needed .

gbrookes

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 1:16 pm

Further to my previous post, this message appeared as a banner in our league affected by the playoff scheduling bug or glitch:

"Attn: Auto League 429712

A bug occurred that prevented Tuesday night's games for this league from being played on schedule, and instead they were played the following night. As a result, the rest of the playoffs will be on a one-day lag, i.e. all games will be played one day later than listed. We apologize for the confusion and delay."

ScumbyJr

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 4:28 pm

Salty wrote:okay, no one says this game doesn't have the potential to be good- in fact it 'could' be really good.

BUT,

Thank you.

It would be nice if Garcia would devote at least one blog to questions/concerns about the Daily Game.

ClowntimeIsOver

PostThu Jun 09, 2016 8:28 pm

even with the one-day delay, the game is not permitting me to change my starting pitcher for game 5 -- as though it has been "after 10 PM Eastern Time" for two days

dutchfarley

PostFri Jun 10, 2016 12:34 pm

I like the daily game flaws and all. I was wondering does it seem to anyone else that the cards are somewhat skewed towards recent performance? I mean there is a lot of weirdness to card progression in general but it seems like recent performance has a greater role than just how it naturally would affect the players stats ( and subsequent cards).

I fell like whenever I am seeing two players with similar total stat lines but maybe one player has a hot two weeks to get to that point while one player has a had a cold streak to get to that point - the "hot " player will have the better card. Anyone else notice that.

Again I don't feel completely confident about this since there is just some much randomness going on with the cards anyway ( which I actually don't have a huge problem with)- but I do feel like I am seeing this.

Knerrpool

PostWed Jun 15, 2016 1:14 pm

I've seen it go both ways enough that I honestly have no idea what their formula is for updating the cards.

ScumbyJr

PostWed Jun 15, 2016 3:42 pm

Not sure why Jarrett Parker doesn't have more HR chances.
Next

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily