My Favorite SOM Format!...Anyone agree?

Our innovative Baseball Daily game- players cards change based on their real life performance

Moderators: Juiced JC, Palmtana

• Author

johnny_sain

My Favorite SOM Format!...Anyone agree?

PostSun May 15, 2016 10:17 pm

Cards that change to reflect the current season,...that is something I've wanted from SOM forever! Yes, it involves 'scouting' if you want to be successful. Also,..the mysterious aspects of some of it challenges us. The 'mystery card' format challenged us also. You can draft a player and watch his card improve or vice-versa. Trade a player in decline for one that is getting hot. That is infinitely more interesting than every format that went before. The fact that every MLB game I watch is a scouting session for my current SOM team is unbelievable....I love this game!

jmoriello

Re: My Favorite SOM Format!...Anyone agree?

PostMon May 16, 2016 1:27 am

Try hanging on to Joe Mauer for half a season while waiting for his card to catch up to reality before offering up and opinion like that..

And get back to me when you lose two of three to a team with no available shortstop ...and you watch them turn five double plays with the lerft fielder SOM arbitrarily moved there..

This game is broken in a major way. Just look at all the injuries in general, many to fairly indestructible players.

SOM should never have rolled out a game that is as buggy as this one.

johnny_sain

PostMon May 16, 2016 2:54 pm

jmoriello wrote:Try hanging on to Joe Mauer for half a season while waiting for his card to catch up to reality before offering up and opinion like that..

SOM should never have rolled out a game that is as buggy as this one.

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/player/728 ... 916/429844

jmoriello

PostMon May 16, 2016 5:13 pm

And here's what I got out of Mauer from Opening Day through the end of last week, when I finally had to throw in the towel:

Name AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS E BA OBP SLG
Mauer, Joe 239 22 56 6 0 4 14 29 50 1 1 3 .234 .316 .310

mikemartinfl

PostWed May 18, 2016 3:55 pm

I played mauer leadoff every day from games 1 through 26, then switched off to a hotter card. did well for me:

http://365.strat-o-matic.com/team/1427722
AB R H 2B 3B HR RBI BB SO SB CS E Stl Run BA OBP SLG
115 27 41 10 1 3 18 13 13 0 0 0 E 1-13 .357 .415 .539

Radagast Brown

PostThu May 19, 2016 10:26 pm

I am a big fan of this format as well. I am having a blast!

Of course it is not perfect... For instance Fransisco Lindor has never missed a MLB due to injury and he got hurt for 60 games on my team.... Also, the stealing is wack, Antony Rizzo is a B -stealer 4-6* (14-17) or whatever a standard B stealer is while Mike Trout is a C ? Lindor has 7 steals, is on pace for more than 30, and has been caught only once and is a B? Come on...He should be an A at least...

But on the whole I love this format. I think a lot of the veteran SOM players are cranky and resist change but I am hoping this new format will bring new and younger players to the game...

I also love the ingenious SOM Mystery Game which is underrated and underappreciated and nothing short of brilliant... This format is brilliant as well and I too have wished for it for years... Cheers & Enjoy!

Return to Strat-O-Matic Baseball Daily